Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 9:22am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« complete wiring loom as spare part not available »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   complete wiring loom as spare part not available
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: complete wiring loom as spare part not available  (Read 717 times)
torquemaster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

complete wiring loom as spare part not available
« on: Jan 9th, 2005, 7:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All

I have part of the engine bay wiring loom (2.3 16V) completely damaged especially the initial part where alla cables are together and before they go to all sensors and accessories.

I asked Ford main dealer for a replacement but their computer says "not availbale". I then asked to reapir it but they say it is hardly possible.

I think they want me to buy a new car.

Can anybody tell me what is the true?

Thanks

Max(TME)

IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: complete wiring loom as spare part not availab
« Reply #1 on: Jan 9th, 2005, 7:57am »

Try ford parts UK they are very helpful and can usually supply the parts you want ....http://www.fordpartsuk.com/ I know several members on here have used them with great sucess... There is a contact tel no . Also  tell them you have come recomended from the site......

I think the guys name is Trevor...
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
colinw

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 9th, 2005, 9:48am »

It is possible to repair the loom it reguires a lot of patience but it is fairly easy if you can use a soldering iron ,and is faily reasonable to do as well ,i completly rewired my 24v engine and box loom from inner wing sockets to all sensors ,inc re routing the original gearbox loom ,for around £40.00 in parts ,this inc all cable ,heatshrink sleeving ,and the conduit to wrap it all up in ,i managed to get all cables bar one in the original colours with correct tracers as well ,i purchased cables mail order ,and then found i could have got them cheaper from a local auto electrician ,alternativly you could take car to a local auto electrician and get them to do job ,im sure it would be cheaper than a main dealer,
hope this helps  
Colin
IP Logged
torquemaster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 9th, 2005, 2:00pm »

Hi Colin
Thanks for yr answer.

Do you think I can just repair the part damaged which is about 25 inches (in this way it would be  much quicker) or I must replace all cables including those going into dash board and ECU box.

The Ford dealer insist that it must be a complete work otherwise there is a risk of firing.

I think they just want me to spend a fortune on this job.

Let me have your point of view

Max
IP Logged
colinw

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 9th, 2005, 2:09pm »

im assuming you are just talking about the engine loom from the inner wing connectors on the drivers side ,in which just case cut out damaged section and splice in new cables please feel free to email off site for any more info if you require it ,i did mine about 18months ago with no problems ,but try to stick to same colour cables for repair it does make a dfference if you ever have the need to fault find in future
IP Logged
Eddie

Must try a different shampoo!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 9th, 2005, 4:09pm »

The big stalling point here is when the insulation has gone right up to the point of entry into the connectors.

They are not available,and in any case are 'factory fitted' at the point of manufacture, aftermarket equivelents are not available, as per moulded on mains plugs which can at least be cut and replaced with screw together types.

A scrap yard can be a source of 'new' connectors provided the wiring in the donor vehicle is sound,removing the required connector complete with a generous tail. I rewired my ignition system using this technique.

eddie
IP Logged
colinw

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 9th, 2005, 5:17pm »

Eddie  yes i agree i had 2 that had gone like that but if you are very carefull and use a bit of ingenuity this can be overcome ,i did not replace any connectors at all ,and have no problems (touching wood) well thats a lie i do have problems but they are not related to the wiring  
colin
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.