Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 6:20pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« exhausts »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   exhausts
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: exhausts  (Read 700 times)
colinw

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

exhausts
« on: Jan 11th, 2005, 6:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

does any body have any info on replacement exhaust systems for a 24v estate from cats back ,i think mine is blocked not sure if it can be unblocked or a replacement is required ,if it is ford are quoting nearly £400.00 plus vat plus fitting seems a bit steep to me ,so i am thinking about a stainless system as per main site ,but i dont want to sound like a boy racers corsa ,and would really like the quietest system i can get ,any advice would be very much appreciated
regards Colin
IP Logged
Eddie

Must try a different shampoo!

View Profile

Re: exhausts
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11th, 2005, 7:28pm »

The ford ones are expensive because they are ( apparently) stainless steel and because of the horrendous dealer mark up.

There is a franchise chain that makes stainless systems up for any car to your exact requirements, d**ned if I can remeber thier name. I dont think you will get much change out of 400 notes though.

eddie
IP Logged
dexix

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11th, 2005, 8:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

When my cats broke up on my 1998 24V Saloon I almost had a heart attack at the Ford replacement quote so dug around this site and found someone (apologies as I cannot remeber who) had gone to a garage that supplied powerflow s/s systems custom built. I went to http://www.powerflow.uk.com/index.html and found my nearest dealer who were extremely helpful and now I am the proud owner of a lifetime guarenteed cat back system which sounds like a sweet rumble at low revs/idle and just is a little more "fruity" when the pedal goes down hard.
Plus its nice and shiny so its another bit of the car that has to be washed!!!!!!!
IP Logged
dexix

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11th, 2005, 8:24pm »

Sorry also meant to say it was a lot cheaper than the ford 2 year guarentee rubbish that I was offered.
IP Logged
Scorpioen84

Saloon 2.0 16v TC 140bhp -95

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: Jan 13th, 2005, 1:12pm »

sport / performance catback system is cheper and more fun.... he he heee... WRom Wrom...
IP Logged

....._____
._/__|___\___
|_(O)____(O)_)_________
Vulcan

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13th, 2005, 1:47pm »

on Jan 11th, 2005, 8:23pm, dexix wrote:
When my cats broke up on my 1998 24V Saloon I almost had a heart attack at the Ford replacement quote so dug around this site and found someone (apologies as I cannot remeber who) had gone to a garage that supplied powerflow s/s systems custom built. I went to http://www.powerflow.uk.com/index.html and found my nearest dealer who were extremely helpful and now I am the proud owner of a lifetime guarenteed cat back system which sounds like a sweet rumble at low revs/idle and just is a little more "fruity" when the pedal goes down hard.
Plus its nice and shiny so its another bit of the car that has to be washed!!!!!!!

You made this sound so good I want one!! even though my present exhaust system is fine   Grin

How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

p.s. What does "cat back system" mean?
IP Logged
bazw

fast, cheap and works you can have 2

bazopelgt   bazopelgt
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 13th, 2005, 6:14pm »

a cat back system is from the catalitic converter back to the tail pipe so you keep your  front pipes with the cats in
IP Logged

the wright brothers were not the first to fly - just the first not to crash
colinw

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 13th, 2005, 7:20pm »

thanks for the info guys much appreciated ,but i think i must be falling into the old f**ts categery ,as i dont wish to have a louder exhaust ,dont get me wrong i enjoy quick driving just like to do it quietly ,im having my exhaust removed on tues to see if anything falls out ,as i really want to make sure its the exhaust before i start spending again ,last time i had a problem we coundnt sort it resulted in a engine rebuild ,and i really dont want another shock like that
Colin
IP Logged
dexix

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 13th, 2005, 8:53pm »

You know it makes sense Vulcan! I have to reiterate that I would not have gone for it if it had made me sound like a boy racer and I didnt sleep the night before I picked it up as I thought I had made a mistake but once I heard her purring I knew it was money well spent and on that subject - to get both cats replaced and the custom built system came to around £550 which I thought is pretty good as Henrys boys quoted me £1450!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.