Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 2:25am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Heater problem »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Heater problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Heater problem  (Read 538 times)
Dai_Fish

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Heater problem
« on: Feb 9th, 2005, 6:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Today I have changed the thermostat and flushed the cooling system, bled all the air out as discribed on the site, I reset as per the CC instructions, at last I have warm air.

The problem is that when I turned the switches to the left to try another reset the fan does not switch off the display still shows the temp that it is set at and I can do nothing with it, everything else seems to be ok, there does not appear to be any water around fuse boxes.

Its an R reg 2.3 Ultima est if that helps any

Many thanks in advance

Dai
IP Logged
Dai_Fish

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Heater problem
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 11:26am »

No have any ideas on this?, could it just be the switch and if so how difficult is it to change, also the heater is only luke warm until the engine revs are raised and the temp gauge hardly moves out of the cold section when driving again unless the revs are around 2000rpm.

The heater system on this car is starting to bug me now every time I think I have sorted it out it goes wrong again a few days later. I am starting to think it needs a hammer taking to it Angry

Hope someone can help

Dai
IP Logged
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 11:36am »

Hi Dai.. so, when the fan speed is switched all the way round to 'off', it still blows, and temperatures still appear in the screens? It does sound like the switch, if I were you i'd try to get the switch out of the dash and just have a play with it, could be that the knob has come loose from the switch.

If that doesn't work there's always Ford main dealer...  Embarassed

Apart from that I have no clues whatsoever! Try reading the section in the manual on the climate control, it's quite lengthy, and maybe there will be some clues in there... the system is so complex and if certain things are on then something else won't work, and vice versa, maybe there's just a little niggling problem.

Let us know what happens.
Dave
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
shaunskiman

24 valves of cosworth powered ultima ye ba ye ba

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 6:31pm »

Hello Dai, Ive the same problem very little heat if any, could you tell me where I find the thermostat for the heater please
       Cheers Shaun I......
IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 9:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Shaun, i beleive the 24v has 2 thermostats......but i just know Dr Snoops will reveal all.........
IP Logged
SaveTheNight

I can resist anything ...except temptation !!

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 8:04am »

Hi shaun .. only one thermostat .. in a brass canister on the passenger side of the engine at the front .. jack up the car safely .. follow the bottom hose of the radiator up until you see the three way connection to the brass canister .. i'll put a link here in a min so you can see .. if by any chance you mean the climate control amient temp sensor ..then it sits in a clip on top of the heater cowling just by the HBC module .. regards ....STN
IP Logged

SaveTheNight

I can resist anything ...except temptation !!

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 8:08am »

here ya go !!  

http://www.powercraftengineering.com/files/stat.jpg
IP Logged

Dai_Fish

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 3:38pm »

Thanks for the info lads, I will try and get the switch out and see if thats the prob and will let you know what I find.  Will be a few weeks mind as I have to go into hospital on thurs, but got to get to the bottom of this heater problem as its realy getting to me now lol

Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading all the posts when I get back

Dai
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.