Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 12:27am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« "The stand still shaking" »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   "The stand still shaking"
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: "The stand still shaking"  (Read 417 times)
Scorpioen84

Saloon 2.0 16v TC 140bhp -95

View Profile WWW

"The stand still shaking"
« on: Feb 10th, 2005, 1:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sorry but ive been gone for a week or so...

Did we figure out what this shaking is.Huh??

When waithing for green light, i start letting out the clutch and the rev goes down to maby 1000 and the car starts shaking, not moving forwards, just shaking its ass off...  Roll Eyes

2.0 -95... 168.000KM... I know more of you have it...  Huh

IP Logged

....._____
._/__|___\___
|_(O)____(O)_)_________
LiverpaulH

My bird!

View Profile

Re: "The stand still shaking"
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10th, 2005, 1:51pm »

How long ago was your clutch replaced? It could be that your clutch may be on the way out...if it has worn it is possible that it is slipping as it engages and if really low- say down to the rivets then that could cause vibration.

I'm not aware of any specific scorpio problem here, but I'm sure one of our knowledgeable colleagues may be able to offer further possibilities.

Paul
IP Logged

Still hankering after a new scorpio- Aus BA Falcon, 5 years later and I still love it!
Scorpioen84

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10th, 2005, 1:56pm »

Hmm... maby its the clutch... can this be worse after sluring a while.? clutch gets hot.? I know nothing of how it works............. Wink
IP Logged

....._____
._/__|___\___
|_(O)____(O)_)_________
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10th, 2005, 2:57pm »

Sounds like severe  clutch contamination    to me.

My old Volvo  did  the exact  same thing, the whole car would shudder  till  the clutch  was  fully home.

IP Logged
Eric_R
Administrator

Cosworth Owner 1998 - 2006 & site co-founder

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10th, 2005, 3:45pm »

Scorpien84,
This is not a common problem.  By the look of your mileage it is most likely to be clutch wear or contamination.

The clutch itself is a pressed-steel housing that traps a drive plate connected to the input shaft of the gearbox between a steel plate and the flywheel. It is normally locked together, so that drive transmits from the engine to the input shaft of the gearbox. When you press the clutch pedal this pushes a small hydraulic cylinder connected to an arm that in turn pressed on the internal springs in the clutch and releases the drive plate - now the engine spins without driving the input shaft of the gearbox and you can change gear without horrible noises.

If there has been a fluid leakage from the rear crankshaft oil seal or the rear core plug, or even from the front gearbox oil seal, the drive plate can become contaminated and this causes the drive plate to slip/snatch. The friction surface of the drive plate wears away with time and eventually the clutch is pressing against copper or steel pins on the worn drive plate, and this too can cause clip/dragging and vibration, as well as a loss of drive.  A broken spring in the clutch itself can also cause odd vibration when engaging drive.

If the clutch itself pulls strongly without slipping once drive is engaged then there is still a friction surface on the drive plate - but it might still be contaminated.  If the clutch 'slips' when power is engaged then the clutch plate has had it.  

The only way to sort it is to drop the gearbox and check out the clutch assembly, and be prepared to replace the clutch, drive plate and the thrust bearing.
IP Logged

After a Cosworth, anything else is just ... ordinary
Scorpioen84

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Feb 11th, 2005, 10:43am »

What prices may i have to pay...? done by mecanics....

this does not happen every time... maby 1 in 50...

DONT COMPARE THE SCORP WITH A ******* VOLVO..!!!  Angry Sad Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin hehe... hate those sweedish boxes...
IP Logged

....._____
._/__|___\___
|_(O)____(O)_)_________
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.