Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 2:19am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Problem with heater »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Problem with heater
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Problem with heater  (Read 450 times)
geordievin

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

Problem with heater
« on: Feb 19th, 2005, 2:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all got a little problem with my heater hopefully someone can help me with.
Changed the inlet manifold gasket a couple of weeks ago without any problems then last weekend on the motorway the coolant light came on so pulled off and checked the level. the water had dropped just below min so topped up and carried on. same happened saturday morning again topped up checked for any leaks but found non. Then later saturday heater just stopped blowing hot but I've not lost anymore water, I do get a short blast of hot air through the dash vents if I turn erverythig off but that lasts about 2 mins?

Cheers Vinny Straw
IP Logged
Vulcan

Email

Re: Problem with heater
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19th, 2005, 2:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Vinny,
 you may have an airlock in the heater, I had just this and other members have experienced similar problems.
Check out this thread for what I did to overcome it..
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Problems;action= display;num=1107177932

It's fairly regular that the "no heat in cabin" problem crops up, do a search on the forum for "heater"

One thing, when it had the airlock, mine used to blow nice hot air when you got the revs above 2500. This seems to be a good benchmark in telling you if this is the problem.

HTH

George
IP Logged
Eddie

Must try a different shampoo!

View Profile

Re: Problem with heater
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19th, 2005, 6:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

When refilling the cooling system you need to leave the filler cap OFF until the engine has come up to normal temp. During which you will need to top up as the air is expelled from the various nooks and crannies.
Special tricks to bleed the air out should not be neccesary as the system is designed to allow air to escape,at most a pipe may have to be moved to allow a bubble to escape.

eddie
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.