Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 12:21am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Paintwork - ChipsAway and the like »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Paintwork - ChipsAway and the like
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Paintwork - ChipsAway and the like  (Read 392 times)
Nick_H

'97 2.3 Ultima

View Profile

Paintwork - ChipsAway and the like
« on: Feb 28th, 2005, 4:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,

Has anybody had any experience of mobile stonechip repairers such as "ChipsAway" or "Dent Magician" ?

I'm interested to know if they are actually any good.

(I know, I keep posting questions, as opposed to problems, but I dunno where else to go... Undecided)

Cheers,
Nick H
IP Logged

Nod Noffins
Mrs Phuturephantasy

Email

Re: Paintwork - ChipsAway and the like
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28th, 2005, 4:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

hello there

ask craig about them , they did something on his scorpio and it did look a good job i must say  , that was chipsaway who did the job
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28th, 2005, 5:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

well,all i can say is that the guy who has the "franchise" for the taunton area for chips away is top drawer,have used him a few times (more so on my granada scorpio),but yes he has done a job for me on the scorpio,i know they can repair cracked bumpers etc.etc,and they have all the equipment in the van to match the paint perfectly,i can only speak for this person,some members may have had a bad experience with the company,but there charges are very reasonable indeed,and the finished job is excellent......

if you do use them though,have a chat with the operator first,tell him exactly want you want doing,and he will do the rest for you,...
WORD OF WARNING.....
they do come to your home or place of work,and anybody who has tried spray painting in damp conditions,need i  say any more..
try to get the work done in daylight,and in good weather,apart from that..
all the best with it..
IP Logged
gaz01gaz

2.9 cos...what else????

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28th, 2005, 6:07pm »

hi,regards these chips away and such like,i used to work for a company called "the scooter people" and we always used these services for showroom scratches and damage,i have to say what a fantastic job they did at a fair price too,could never see the repair work they did,but never used them on a car HuhHuh? Huh
IP Logged

go gaz go.............................
ferretmobile

2.3 saloon S reg & all the toys. mmmm toys

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 2:04pm »

I had a supermarket dent last year, just a small dent mind. Chips away came round and this chap told me ...
no problem sir, he spent all day on my scorp and resprayed the area with heaters and a kind of tent thing to keep out the drizzle. If I remember correctly, he charged me about £180. However, from one angle the door looks good but viewed from the rear I now have the motoring equivelent of the mendips Cry
Me not happy chappy with end result. Its probably down to the operative who does the work. some will be good and others kak! Undecided
IP Logged
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 2:31pm »

A neighbour used Chipsaway for her brand new Audi which she scraped on a plastic barrier (roadwork type). It was metallic silver and the lacquer had been scratched quite badly. She had been to a couple of places first who said that the only way you would get rid of the lacquer damage would be to flat back and re-paint then re-lacquer. The Chipsaway chap came and confirmed this but was asked to do what he could anyway. The end result was exactly as he said, but it looked better than before anyway.  

The advice regarding suitable weather for spray painting is vital and stands whatever company you use and whatever you spray of course!
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.