Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 4:28am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« cc conversion »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   cc conversion
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: cc conversion  (Read 421 times)
colinw

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

cc conversion
« on: Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi guys , this is probably a stupid question but is it possible to convert a ghia with ac ,to ultima spec c/control,would it just be as simple as changing over the wiring and cc control module ,or is there more to it than that ,no real reason for asking it was just a thought for possibly the future
IP Logged
craig

Email

Re: cc conversion
« Reply #1 on: Mar 3rd, 2005, 6:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

colin

i'm afraid you would be looking a lot more work than you think.... Cry
my advice,put up with the air-con,or upgrade the car,sorry to sound a bit "direct",but IMHO that is the only 2 real options...... Smiley

not unless you did win the lottery last night Shocked Shocked Shocked
IP Logged
colinw

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 3rd, 2005, 7:41am »

thanks Craig,i have cc in mine the reason for asking was i have been looking for a new motor ,but will probably downgrade to a smaller vehicle ,however i did spot a Ghia est on a forecourt which only had aircon not cc ,and i was just wondering how difficult a job it would be to convert it ,having said that i have no intrest in buying it ,just my mind going over a few things ,but out of intrest i know you have a 2.3 whats fuel consumption like around town stop starting ,??
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 3rd, 2005, 9:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

hi colin

in my opinion the 2.3 is a brilliant "all rounder",ok not as quick as the cossie,but still got enough there for me....
as to fuel consumption,it's something i try not to monitor,but as a rough guide this is what the book says......(for an auto)
urban..19.6
outside city limits..33.6...
i reckon they are about right myself,(probably a little more if you happen to have a wife/partner who has a rather heavy foot,and does not have to put the petrol in though Wink Wink)...
bless her !!!!

HTH

craig..
IP Logged
colinw

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 3rd, 2005, 5:55pm »

thanks for that info Craig ,but i think my Scorpio days will soon becoming to an end ,i really need to find something a bit more econimical around town ,as my work role will change slightly soon and the cost of using the cossie cant really be passed  ,and to be honest if your saying the 2.3 is only around 20 urban its not a lot different to the 24v so no use for me changing down a engine size ,and i know i would not a 2.0 after the 24v
anyway thanks again
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.