Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 4:28am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« KPH to MPH? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   KPH to MPH?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: KPH to MPH?  (Read 518 times)
Vulcan

Email

KPH to MPH?
« on: Mar 5th, 2005, 4:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yesterday on my way home from work, just out of interest I pushed the trip reset button till I got the speed indication as I wanted to see how far "out" the actual speed was from the indicated speed. Sadly it little trip was showing in KPH and no matter what I did I couldn't get it to read MPH.
Does anyone know if it's possible to read in MPH and if it is what to do to make it?

regards

George
IP Logged
Aardvark

Click here to make a clicking noise

View Profile WWW Email

Re: KPH to MPH?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 5th, 2005, 5:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Try changing the temperature reading from Centigrade to Fahrenheit, this changes the reading from kph to mph on VAG/VW cars.
IP Logged

'95 Scorpio Ultima 2.0 16V - Tourmallard Green
SaveTheNight

I can resist anything ...except temptation !!

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 5th, 2005, 5:48pm »

Hi George .. if the MPH is reading KPH then I presume all the other setting are metric too ?? .. i don't know about others ..as all seem different ..and it isn't the stated procedure ..but I always manage to change mine by going to MPG and then holding the r AND s buttons in together for a few secs .. let us know mate  ok ... STN
IP Logged

Vulcan

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 5th, 2005, 6:25pm »

Hi STN,
it's not the normal readings from the trip but the "special" ones you get when you hold the button in for 5 secs... the charging voltage is also displayed there too.
I tried all combinations of the r and s buttons while in this mode but they don't seem to do anything at all except change the display in the left side display.

Also I have noticed that my charging shows 11.1 with the engine off and 13.7 with it running. This seems low to me.

George
IP Logged
SaveTheNight

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 5th, 2005, 6:29pm »

ooops !  sorry George .. I obviously didn't read the post correctly ..apologies .. firstly YES the battery reading is dodgy .. very dodgy ..but did you or had you had anything draining the battery off it's twelve volts whilst stationary for a while .. best not panic yet .. secondly maybe that explains the incorrect reading on the KPH in test mode too ?? ... regards ....STN
IP Logged

Vulcan

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 5th, 2005, 6:37pm »

Last summer on the way back from Weston I had my 70litre mini fridge in the boot. The cable ran forward into the rear seats where it plugged into the lighter socket. I had it unplugged as the fridge was empty but we stopped at a services for half an hour. Sadly one of my kids had been "helpful" and plugged it back in for me so we came back to a very flat battery.

I managed to get it started and it has seemed ok since, do you think this could have stuffed the battery?
IP Logged
SaveTheNight

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 5th, 2005, 6:41pm »

possible George but it hasn't been giving problems has it ?? .....and 13.8 is keeping it charged when running .. have you checked the fluid ? ..perhaps a weak cell but holding ? ........ even sealed ones can usually be checked ..
IP Logged

Vulcan

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 5th, 2005, 6:47pm »

No starting problems at all but I am having a wierd problem with the speed sensitive power steering. Sometimes during driving the steering goes into heavy mode and stays there regardless of speed but if I stop, switch off and back on again it's back to it's normal self. I am now wondering if this has anything to do with the low battery charging.
I'll have a look at the cells in the morning when it's light..

George
IP Logged
SaveTheNight

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 5th, 2005, 6:56pm »

yes I saw your posts regarding that ..but I didn't say much as I know your pretty aware of the way it works ..and you seem to have checked the switch and so on .. wonder if it is switch or rev compensation etc .. or whether its really the start of a rack or hose problem in itself perhaps ..what about the possibility of fluid contamination  even ? .. I sometimes run with the rack switch disconnected anyway and it's not a heavy feeling even then ..just not quite so light ... STN
IP Logged

Vulcan

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 5th, 2005, 7:13pm »

Yeah it isn't really heavy, just with it on the steering is like turning on glass, when it goes off it feels much the same a power steering on any other car. Sadly the very light feeling is what gives the Scorp that "special" feeling.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.