Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 12:37pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Heater »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Heater
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Heater  (Read 437 times)
bazza1962

black 2.3 ultima  estate

View Profile

Heater
« on: Mar 13th, 2005, 2:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

98 2.3 ultima est Black.
Having read many problems on this subject I cannot identify mine.Andrew higgins has given me some help ,practically on this ,but we are still a little stumped.

Set heater to manual or auto,will heat up at start ,after running for about 15 minutes it will start pushing out cool air.if it was set at say 24 degrees then turn up to 27 ,it will put out some more hot air then turn cool.You may say this is normal,ut we measured cabin temp and was 18.When set it will never give warm air ,even if the cabin temp falls.If I set it to high though ,it will give out hot air all day.Have done The cc reset and no error codes show.This problem I have had for over a year now and nobody seems to know how to cure it.Had the A/C recharges last week. SmileyAny suggestions?
IP Logged
Paul_Boulden

Bald Eagle

View Profile

Re: Heater
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13th, 2005, 2:33pm »

I had something similar with the cool air coming through after a short time, even on high it was not that hot.
I removed the heater pipes at the water pump and flushed the heater matrix with a hose and the first flush removed a lot of dirt, I also back flushed it and I now have warm air on demand however I have the curry smell if I switch the heater off for a while then back on so it seems I have a pinhole in the matrix which needs replacing.
I cannot explain why altering the controls brings a little warmth but mine was pretty much the same.
HTH
Paul Boulden
IP Logged
bazza1962

black 2.3 ultima  estate

View Profile

Re: Heater
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13th, 2005, 4:19pm »

Thanks for your reply Paul,but I get full heat on High.I do not think the problem is connected to the matrix or water system.

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.