Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 2:29am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Heater Problem ? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Heater Problem ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Heater Problem ?  (Read 615 times)
BillT

View Profile

Heater Problem ?
« on: Mar 13th, 2005, 9:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The car is a 1996 2.3l Scorpio Ultima. & the problem is a cold (icy in this weather) draught that comes in round the steering column. It only only occurs when the car is moving & disappears when 'recirculate' is selected.The heater system behaves normally whilst this is happening.
I have reset the heater system & there is no difference.
A new winscreen was fitted in January & the problem seems to have been since then, but why does it disappear with recirculate?
I have not returned to the glass fitters but will if no one has any suggestions.
BillT
IP Logged
craig

Email

Re: Heater Problem ?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 6:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

recirculate will not let fresh air into the car,hence on cold mornings,if you turn the heater on and the recirculate button,the air that is already in the car will be heated,you will end up with steamy windows sooner or later though,then you have to turn the recirculate off,you mention the new windscreen,and combined with what you say about the heater settings,the bottom section of the windscreen (sealent) does sound to be a little suspect,have you experienced any water entering the car whilst washing or due to the weather ?
IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 10:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I think a call back to the screen fitters is the only option as it has only happened since the new screen was fitted

Nick
IP Logged
BillT

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 8:01pm »

Craig
No sign of water entry,& it's only the lack of the problem when on recirculate that has prevented me taking the car back to the windscreen fitters
I agree with Badboytunes that I shall have to do this if only to eliminate this as a cause.
I will let you know the outcome.
BillT Huh
IP Logged
geraghtyg

2001 XG25

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 8:43pm »

My car does the exact same thing. Gives me a very cold left leg on faster motorway journeys - Thanks God the weather is warming up now!!! A passenger in my car also noticed that the rather severe draught is present from the glove box too, when the glove box door is opening obviously! Have never tried the recirculate button thing to see if that makes a difference. I'll try that on the way home from work tonight and see what happens. Not sure if the windscreen was ever replaced on mine but it is an original Ford heated windscreen and it has a fully operational auto-dimming rear view mirror. I have mentioned this before on this site and was told it may be air getting in somewhere around where wires and cables, etc come in through the bulkhead. Haven't had the option of getting a good look as the car has been free of any major faults in the year I've had it. Drat, I've done it now. The engine will probably blow up on the way home!
IP Logged

Graham G, Dublin, Ireland
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 10:29pm »

Well.... mine does it too so you're not alone.

Mind you, the recirc thing didn't seem to make a difference. And it appears to me that it only happens at a moderate speed.

Must do some more investigations.
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
geraghtyg

2001 XG25

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 11:11pm »

Well unfortunately on my journey home from work I didn't get a cold draught as the temperature has shot up over here (a balmy 12C right now!) and so being the warmest it has been for about 6 weeks, I didn't notice the draught. However, it gets especially noticeable if there are any windows and/or the sunroof open, even the slightest amount. Funny alright!
IP Logged

Graham G, Dublin, Ireland
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.