Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 12:15pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Parcel Shelf Speakers »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Parcel Shelf Speakers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Parcel Shelf Speakers  (Read 555 times)
geraghtyg

2001 XG25

View Profile Email

Parcel Shelf Speakers
« on: Apr 10th, 2005, 3:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can get more powerful speakers for the Scorpio - Specifically the ones on the back parcel shelf? The woofer part of one of my speakers has never worked and I've checked all connections several times. I reckon its just broken. The speakers I have are the ones with the tweeters sticking out on them. I'd ideally like to get another Ford speaker so it'll fit in. The thing is the speakers are only 20w and the head unit is 40 or 45 watts (can't quite remember which - it's the 7000 model). Is there a higher powered speaker available for the Scorpio or even one for a Mondeo or whatever? Aftermarket speakers, I would rather not go down that road. I like the look of the current speakers. PLus the fact that aftermarket speakers will not fit in the hole properly as most are too deep and there is metal under the parcel shelf. SO any help would be much appreciated. As anyone else successfully upgraded their rear speakers, without too much hassle or cost, of course!!!Huh
IP Logged

Graham G, Dublin, Ireland
spencer

Scorpio Ultima 2.9i 24v V6 Cosworth (1996) P

View Profile WWW

Re: Parcel Shelf Speakers
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10th, 2005, 6:32pm »

You can buy infinity 6 x 9 150w rms Grin for the back parcel shelf as they fit exactly without damaging the parcel shelf they retail at £150  - £199 for the pair
IP Logged
geraghtyg

2001 XG25

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11th, 2005, 12:39am »

Thanks Spencer. I don't suppose you happen to know the model number of those speakers or any more details on the model? Would the speakers just fit straight in place of the present speakers or would I have to break the woofer part of the present speakers from the speaker unit intself?
IP Logged

geraghtyg

2001 XG25

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11th, 2005, 12:26pm »

Hey spencer - I was these speakers on ebay. Not sure if they are the correct ones to get though
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58029&item =5766480602&rd=1

Would these go straight in the hole on the parcel shelf or would they go where the existing woofer goes in the speaker unit itself? Looks like some of breaking involved if that is the case. It the speaker goes straight into the hole, I'm a little worried there will be gaps in the trim as the speaker on its own will be very unlikely to fit over the gap in the trim, which is alomost as big as the speaker unit!
IP Logged

Nick_H

'97 2.3 Ultima

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11th, 2005, 12:55pm »

Any use to you?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21654&i tem=4538083418

At least they'll fit...

N_H
 Smiley
IP Logged

Nod Noffins
geraghtyg

2001 XG25

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 11th, 2005, 4:31pm »

Thanks for that Nick - I was kinda hoping to get something a little bit more powerful than the measly 20w on offer from these speakers. It's a pity there isn't a more powerful speaker of the same dimensions made by Ford - You'd think that after putting a fairly high powered head unit into the car, they'd also put speakers as powerful to match. Ah well, I may just get those speakers when I get home tonight when I have my CC (credit card, not cruise control  Wink ) on me. It'll be cheaper than Ford anyway. Hope the P&P is not too expensive to Ireland. Thanks again Nick
IP Logged

Nick_H

'97 2.3 Ultima

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 11th, 2005, 9:00pm »

Maybe they'll keep you rockin' until you find some beefier ones. Smiley

Let us know if you find anything good!

Must say I'm a touch disappointed to learn the Scorp's are only 20W.   Sad

N_H
 Cool
IP Logged

Nod Noffins
geraghtyg

2001 XG25

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 11th, 2005, 11:30pm »

If I can get more details on the Infinity speakers from Spenser, then I might those ones. If not, the ones on the ebay site do seem like good value. Admittedly, for 20w speakers, they're not all that bad
IP Logged

Eddie

Must try a different shampoo!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Apr 12th, 2005, 5:35am »

Dont be misled by so called power ratings of speakers!

A 20w speaker can make just as much noise as a 100w one.

A 100w speaker driven by a weaker amp can be easily damaged without you knowing it,as the amp struggles to supply the current for them it will go into clipping,which produces near DC effects and burns them out.

Speakers that are lower rated than the amp will let you know when they are in danger,they will deafen you!

Ignore the sales Hype and use your ears. Cheesy

eddie
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.