Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 12:28pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« No Heat in Cabin »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   No Heat in Cabin
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: No Heat in Cabin  (Read 411 times)
iainc

View Profile Email

No Heat in Cabin
« on: Apr 13th, 2005, 9:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

1997 Ultima 2.3
Just had the car serviced yesterday - nothing out of the ordinary; no invasive surgery ....  however, this a.m., driving to work, I realised that there was no warm air coming out of the vents.  The hbc was blowing (and responded to change of temp on cc panel) as normal, but air was uniformly cold whether set to auto or manual.  I haven't had the time to do a reset yet.  I guess it could be an air block, yet there was no work done on the coolant system.  The temp guage behaved normally, reaching the half-way mark as usual.  The only related component touched (for another reason), I believe, was the connector block that sets into the top of the hbc.  My question is whether there is any electrical device that controls the air temp sucked into the cabin?  I am taking the car back to the garage asap but it would be helpful to be armed with information to help! (the matrix was replaced a couple of years ago and there have not been any air temperature problems prior to today)

Iain C
IP Logged
nitram

'96 2.0 16v Ultima - Loden Green

nitrammanc  
View Profile

Re: No Heat in Cabin
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13th, 2005, 10:20am »

Strange.. Mine did exactly the same thing last night. However, driving to work this morning, it heated up nicely and kept me very toasty in the car. I didn't do anything to it at all! Undecided
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13th, 2005, 2:51pm »

Do a CC reset , it can happen, well worth doing that before trying anything else.

IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
iainc

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18th, 2005, 2:12pm »

Thanks, chaps. It cleared itself the next day (!), without a reset.  I am assuming an airlock: I had parked the car nose down on a steepish slope the night before, and I guess that, if there had been any loose air around, it would have gathered at the matrix part of the system.  Panic over.

Iain C
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.