Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 12:18pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« imobiliser problems ? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   imobiliser problems ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: imobiliser problems ?  (Read 454 times)
DADOO

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

imobiliser problems ?
« on: Apr 19th, 2005, 8:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everybody, new kid on the block but I appear to have a problem with my 1996 Scorpio 2.9 24V. Perhaps somebody out there could enlighten me.
Had to call AA out when I got locked out of car in Glasgow. ( Key fob failed to work) Patrolman broke in with relative ease and we got the car started, alarm blazing ! once it was settled down got car home still with key fob not working. Read up on how to reprogramme key fob which I duly did - It works fine now. Took car out  to local retail park locked and unlocked it with key fob now a new problem has raised its ugly head ! the car will crank but not fire up. The AA came out and tried for 1 1/2 hrs to locate problem decided it was beyond him (after a d**n fine effort on his behalf) and off I went home on" the big yellow truck with the flashing lights!" He said that there should be 3 feeds to fuse 42 and that he could only get two. Me I am lost and my auto electrician is on hol until the 26th. So if anybody has been subjected to this problem and now knows the cure I am sure that any help Stuart can get on this matter would be truely appreciated! Thanks in anticipation. Grin
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: imobiliser problems ?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19th, 2005, 8:30am »

From what you are saying the Ignition lock is different to the door Locks?

If not then why not open with the key.?

As reagrds the non starting, check the fuel cut off switch in the boot they have ben know on occasions o give trouble , but it sounds more like a PATS problem, If they are not the original keys have they got the red square on the back of them?

Is the red LED on the centre of the dash flashing a sequence? if so note it down and then check back there are codes for the sequences http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/pats.htm
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
DADOO

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20th, 2005, 8:52am »

Hi Snoopy, Thanks for the prompt reply:
No the keys are original as is the ignition barrel and have the red square on them. It would appear that the keys will lock the car but not unlock it due to wear and tear. The AA man checked the L.E.D. and gave me the impression it was functioning as required. He also said that the fuel pump was recieving a signal from the computer. Huh It really seems to hark back to fuse 42 and the fact that it is only getting two not three sources sent to it. I belive that Steven (the A.A. man) tried bridging the fuse and sending a direct poweer input from the battery - to no avail !
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20th, 2005, 12:02pm »

Could all be down to a falty Crank case position sensor, they have been know to fail, with out the car infornt of you its very difficult to diagnose these sorts of faults. But it does suggest electrical. With regards the locks it might be worth getting a new key cut and see if that works although with out the sender unit in it it will NOT start the car. but its s cheap option just to be able to get in and out otherwiase you will have to either replace or rebuild the locks and that is all on the web site main pages,

Could also be worth while looking at the ignition switch itself, I mean the back of it to  see if all the wires are ok and no burnt contacts etc, you have to take the steering wheel shroud off to get to it.  

But I personally would be looking at the CKPS
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
DADOO

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20th, 2005, 7:43pm »

Cheers snoopy,
Now I (well the auto electrician) has some inside info about where to start. He is due back from hol next Monday I will post his findings just incase it is a whole new problem!!!
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 20th, 2005, 8:44pm »

hi there

sorry, only just saw this post. pm me. i might be able to have a look at it for you. Smiley

regards
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.