Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 2:30pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Probs after battery change »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Probs after battery change
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Probs after battery change  (Read 368 times)
nodge

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Probs after battery change
« on: Apr 30th, 2005, 12:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just fitted a new car battery. Re-coded the radio and the car started first time. Job done I thought. Went to lock the car with the remote and nothing.  Locked the car with the key and tried to unlock with the remote but still nothing.  The manual says to reprogram the remote turn ignition to position I and then press "Unlock" on the key fob. You will hear a chime to confirm its worked. I tried this but as soon as I turned the key to position I I got a chime before I pressed anything. I pressed unlock but no chime. Checked that the car still started ok which it did but when I turned the ignition off I got another chime. Tried another couple of times to reprogram the remote but still the same. Went for a short drive to take the old battery down the tip and on the way I noticed that the drivers window one push close had stopped working. I only tried it the other day so I know it was working before. When I got back I tired the remote one last time and blow me it worked this time. Tried the one push close for the window but that still isn't working.

I suspect that the electronics have got a bit confued and that I need to do some sort of reset but not sure what.  Any suggestions?

Nodge
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: Probs after battery change
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30th, 2005, 1:52pm »

Right  
1. To programme the window  "one shot" you need to hold the window button in the up position for about 3secs and the same for down that should sort that one out.

2. the remote  if it fails again, try the method as described on the main site http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/remote.htm
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
nodge

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30th, 2005, 7:37pm »

Many thanks Snoopy,

One press close is now working. It must have taken about 10 attempts though. I tried pressing the button for 3 secs, 6 secs, 10 secs, 20 secs. Tried with the engine running, tried with the ignition off.  In the end I'm not sure what I did that actually worked. Just the usual Scorpio electrickery I suppose.

Thanks,
Nodge
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 30th, 2005, 9:24pm »

Without trolling through  the  site,  I'm pretty sure  there's a  way ( or device ) to  retain  a  power source  to  the  car's  vitals   via  the  Fag  lighter  when  the  battery  is disconnected,  thus  avoiding   unpleasant  beastliness  when the car  starts  playing  Silly  B*****s   after  the new battery  start up.
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 30th, 2005, 9:27pm »

Hey!,  since when has the  good old British name  for a cigarette  that rhymes with  Bag   been   a  swear  word ?  

I'm convinced this site is run by  Americans Angry
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: May 1st, 2005, 7:32am »

It is
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
sad_eyes

'98 Ultima 24v  + '97 2.3 Ultima estate

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 3rd, 2005, 12:46pm »

When changing the battery on my 98 Cosworth I used a power saver plugged into the cig lighter.No re-programming or running problems.However the battery must have some power left in it for this to work.
Power Saver cost £16.99 it's one that plugs into the Mains,so there's no rush to put the new battery on.
Best Wishes
Dave
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.