Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 2:26pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« hesitation/misfire under light throttle »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   hesitation/misfire under light throttle
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: hesitation/misfire under light throttle  (Read 448 times)
nigelt

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

hesitation/misfire under light throttle
« on: May 10th, 2005, 1:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Guys,

I have been looking on this site for some time now with great interest as it seems to have the most comprehensive information regarding the workings of the engine management systems etc. However, I am being somewhat cheeky here as I don't actually own a scorpio, but another of those Ford cars..... a Mondeo.. I know I Know... but someone has to...

I hope you may still be able to help me though... as the systems seem very similar. As above I have this problem at light throttle that was not there before and its spoils a good drive. I bought an ELM320 with software to look at the system and discovered a couple of issues. one was that after driving for about 12 mile @ 70+ the system would go into 'open loop fault' and then when slowing down and driving at near clossed throttle I would get this missfire/jerking. I changed the O2 sensor and this seems a lot better. But I still have the hesitation/misfire at other times at light throttle. I notice that at idle the LTFT figure is at 16-17% which seems rather high to me and wondered what you guys get on a scorpio. ( I understand there would be some difference here). I don't believe the EGR valve,solenoid,DPFE to be at fault here as I have tested them and the all seem ok. so I'm thinking air leak but I'm damed if I can find one. Any suggestion would be most grateful...

Nige Smiley
IP Logged
Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

Re: hesitation/misfire under light throttle
« Reply #1 on: May 10th, 2005, 7:34pm »

i've got something similar, a hesitation, a delay in throttle. If i accelerate hard and fast, it kind of misfires and then revs up but after a delay.  

i've cleand the maf, it's connector, changed air filter, lookd at ignition coils, spark plugs, all seem ok. Didn't figured out what's wrong
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
bigmaltwo

Is there such a thing as a cold vindaloo???

bigmaltwo
View Profile Email

Re: hesitation/misfire under light throttle
« Reply #2 on: May 11th, 2005, 2:35am »

please check wiring to coil packs Shocked
as i only found out myself yesterday, the flaming insulation cracks and causes misfire! Angry Angry
started as a slight misfire on over-run and got gradually worse, n worse, n worse etc etc etc Embarassed
thought it was going to be yet another (expensive of course) pain in the *@@*, but was chuffed to @**@ when i sussed it!
good luck.
mal.
IP Logged

WHY ME GOD? OH WHY ME?!!!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.