Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 10:29am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Help please »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Help please
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Help please  (Read 652 times)
Dai_Fish

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Help please
« on: May 13th, 2005, 3:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Some of you will have read on here that I was involved in an accedent in my Scorpio on bank holiday monday, I have just been in touch with my insurance and they are saying that its a right off, now this is where I need some help please my car is a R reg 1997 2.3 Ultima est with full leather etc the car was a cracker the only draw back is that the milage is on 132.000 but it was mechanically sound I paid £4000 for it in june last year the ins are offering me just £2245, now before they will negoteate with me further they want me to provide 3 adverts for a car of simmiler age condition and millage that are priced higher than the offer they are making me, so what I am looking for is anyone that can point me in the direction of any ads of this nature.

The accedent was not my fault but the other ins co are dragging thier feet so I need some help quite quickly.

Many thanks for any help you can give me
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: May 13th, 2005, 3:40pm »

hi there

try www.autotrader.co.uk

not many on there just now, but a few over £2500 Sad

from whats been reported on this forum a while ago, if correct, with it not being your fault, you can stick to your guns and make the insurance company get you a car as good as your old one. why should you be out of pocket.

no chance of getting a cheaper quote? might stop it being a write off.
IP Logged
bazw

fast, cheap and works you can have 2

bazopelgt   bazopelgt
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 13th, 2005, 3:52pm »

7 year old car would always be wrote off no matter what cost as its at the end of its expected life (most ins. comps - 5 years last i heard ) Embarassed  most makers only carry parts for 7 years (except japs - 1 year , i was going to reshell a rolled r-type 2 years ago and could not get a new shell for an 80 week old car )

do you have pics of the car in good nick if so use them to push the insurer as you can show it was worth top $$$
IP Logged

the wright brothers were not the first to fly - just the first not to crash
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: May 13th, 2005, 4:08pm »

Just been on Autotrader, done a national search of Scorpios between £2000 and £8000, found 51 cars - the first 3 were between 4k and 5k, the next 20 were between 4k and £2900 so I would have a gander there as suggested.

By the way if you really want to keep the car see if you can get it written off then buy it back as salvage, then repair yourself.

HTH
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 13th, 2005, 8:00pm »

I believe there may be another way. If you have legal protection cover with your insurance you may be able to persue the other driver for the 'additional' cost to put you back in the position you were before the accident.  This may help if you take up the option to buy the 'wreck' . Gotta be worth a try.HTH. Simmo
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
johnv

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 14th, 2005, 7:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on May 13th, 2005, 3:29pm, Dai_Fish wrote:
Some of you will have read on here that I was involved in an accedent in my Scorpio on bank holiday monday, I have just been in touch with my insurance and they are saying that its a right off, now this is where I need some help please my car is a R reg 1997 2.3 Ultima est with full leather etc the car was a cracker the only draw back is that the milage is on 132.000 but it was mechanically sound I paid £4000 for it in june last year the ins are offering me just £2245, now before they will negoteate with me further they want me to provide 3 adverts for a car of simmiler age condition and millage that are priced higher than the offer they are making me, so what I am looking for is anyone that can point me in the direction of any ads of this nature.

The accedent was not my fault but the other ins co are dragging thier feet so I need some help quite quickly.

Many thanks for any help you can give me

IP Logged
Dai_Fish

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 18th, 2005, 1:33pm »

Many many thanks for all your help, I have now reached a settlement with the ins co so thats the end of my Scorpio.

This has been a great site for information and I have realy enjoyed comming on here, even though I wont have a Scorpio anymore I will still look in from time to time.

Keep up the good work

Dai
IP Logged
dart

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 18th, 2005, 11:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

What was the final settlement mate? Embarassed
      dart
IP Logged
Dai_Fish

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: May 19th, 2005, 5:05pm »

managed to get them up to £3000, not as much as I would have liked but I thought it was as much as I was going to get out of them
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.