Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 6:20pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« what ho autobox fluid?? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   what ho autobox fluid??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: what ho autobox fluid??  (Read 483 times)
nic

Email

what ho autobox fluid??
« on: Jun 12th, 2005, 9:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Sues car shuddered to a halt today, no fluid in the box.  I checked it the other day and it needed a litre so I had a feeling this day would come soon. I know its an easy job, starting 10 days off on Tuesday so im gonna be busy for at least 1 of them.

Anyone have the finis code for the cooler to box pipes, for a 98 2.3 estate, my bloke at ford useless at fining finis codes.

still he does give me a cracking discount.

Looks like its the saloon for Harewood this weekend then, never mind it could be something alot worse.

IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: what ho autobox fluid??
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12th, 2005, 9:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi nic

i've heared of a few people replacing some of the pipework with hydraulic tubes. might be an idea Undecided
IP Logged
nic

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12th, 2005, 9:58pm »

I have a bloke who reacons he can get them made up, to be honest every big Ford I have owned, from my Mk1's, Mk2's and Mk3's have all had the same problem. I started replacing them with hydraulic on the Mk1, but I havent even taken the dirt shield off yet to see the space available.

My mate reacons he can get them for £65-75 for the set so I will find out on wednesday, about the same as Ford charge for the steels.

he seems to think I will have to order them and it will take 2 days, that means I have to get out of ben on my holibobs and thake Sue to work, and I cant see that happening.
then again the Ford pipes will be an order job, iff they are still available Roll Eyes

Better order another gallon of autobox fluid, im thinking of changing the filters while the box is empty anyway, we will see

IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 13th, 2005, 7:50am »

Nic i think the numbers you need are these

7165128 and 7411411 but worth checking with trevor at ford Parts UK he still had them in stock and cost about £70 last time I think.

Just as a matter of interest does the 2.3 have the radiator with the oil cooler pipes going into it?
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
nic

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 13th, 2005, 6:41pm »

Yep, i think its the same as all the autos.

Thanks Snoopy, I will check out the hydraulic route 1st, might be a better long term fix, if not I will be on the phone wednesday.

So thats confirmed, harewood, white 24v then, not the estate.

Now who's boot we gonna sit in now Grin

IP Logged
RebGershon

Happier Newbie

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 10th, 2005, 12:17am »

Did anyone find out about the hydraulic pipes and if not viable how does one contact Trevor at Ford Parts UK? Is that part of Ford UK or an independant parts outlet?

Thanks,

Geoff.
IP Logged
nic

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 10th, 2005, 2:10am »

Right sorry i forgot to follow this up.

Got 10 metres of hydraulic pipe, medium pressure, 10mm internal diamiter from Pirtek, along with clips and 5 litres of fluid. Total cost £30ish.

The rotten pipes were cut away and the rubber in its place, one from the box, one from the rad to the cooler. Refilled fluid and everything is fine, no overheating, great flow and no fluid loss.

Then last week I noticed fluid all over the front passenger wheel on my 24V, i checked the braked, fine but when ticking overa steady drip from the pipes on that one could be seen. The pipes had gone  Sad

A phone cal to Bertie and he calls into pirtek on the way home, more pipe and clips, but this time we did not remove the pipes to cut, done it under the car. Same pipesas the 2.3 and replaced in 40 minutes(Cheers Simon).

As long as you are carefull and clean he pipes up before pushing the rubber pipe on it seems to work fine.

One word of warning though guys, cut the old rubber pip from the cooler, dont try to prise it away, this is why the 2.3 needs a new cooler and the 24V did not.

The bottom pipe into the cooler is the one that rots so just be careful.

an alternative to ford replacement pipes, and they should last longer than the steel ones.

I will take some pics this week and post so you can see.
IP Logged
RebGershon

Happier Newbie

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jul 10th, 2005, 12:54pm »

Excellent stuff especially as my car is going to the garage tomorrow for the repairs.

Any chance of the pics asap?

TIA

Geoff.
IP Logged
nic

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 11th, 2005, 2:58am »

Sorry just read this today, been asleep on the old nightshift, pm me your email and I will get out ther and get them taken first thing
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.