Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 10:19pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Heater Matrix Help! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Heater Matrix Help!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Heater Matrix Help!  (Read 8753 times)
Malcolm73

View Profile

Re: Heater Matrix Help!
« Reply #20 on: Aug 20th, 2009, 10:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello DJ,

I have a 24v Ultima with climate control and bought a new radiator last January from Foray Parts.

They supplied the correct radiator. Their invoice reads:-

Item/Code  Description Price  Dis-Amt Net

FOR 1041093  Radiator £122.54 £30.93  £91.61

Shipping          £5.50

VAT Excl.        £97.11
VAT         £14.56

Total             £111.67

I did have a query as the box mentioned 1) Radiator & 2) Seal. The box contained just the radiator, however Trevor Porter checked other stock and you receive just a radiator but no separate seal.  Part of the radiator has a sealing foam attached.

A garage at Dudley fitted my new radiator.

I did a lot of work attempting to flush the faulty  radiator setting up a hose system and used a pump from ‘Machine Mart’ to exclusively flush the radiator. I apparently succeeded and did have 70C air for just a few weeks.

To anyone with a blocked 24v Ultima heater radiator, do not waste your time. A blocked radiator can not be salvaged. There is no sludge or similar.

I dismantled the faulty unit and found that the waterways were blocked with brown plastic. I can only guess that the plastic is inserted during manufacture and breaks down with age. No flushing chemicals or pressure flushing will remove the blockage which rapidly and easily reseals the waterways.

Malcolm73.
IP Logged
Scorpio

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Aug 20th, 2009, 11:50pm »

Good work DJ, 280 core is correct. It's amazing how some motor factors will try to fob you off with the wrong part, saying it will do!  Roll Eyes  £68+ VAT is a decent price.
Can't comment too much on Fordparts.co.uk.  Lips Sealed  However, in my experience. I was not impressed with their service.
I now shop elsewhere  Cool
IP Logged

Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: Aug 21st, 2009, 7:08am »

on Aug 20th, 2009, 10:38pm, Malcolm73 wrote:
To anyone with a blocked 24v Ultima heater radiator, do not waste your time. A blocked radiator can not be salvaged. There is no sludge or similar.

I dismantled the faulty unit and found that the waterways were blocked with brown plastic. I can only guess that the plastic is inserted during manufacture and breaks down with age. No flushing chemicals or pressure flushing will remove the blockage which rapidly and easily reseals the waterways.

Malcolm73.

Malcolm. The plastic you refer to is actually a spiral length which appears to be inserted into each of the pipess which make up the matrix. Tompion......who else!! Grin ... cut one open and that's what he found. The thought is that it is there to affect the circulation in some way. It may do so initially but seems eventually to increase the likelehood of blockage.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.