Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 2:21am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Idle problems »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Idle problems
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Idle problems  (Read 327 times)
neilwilford

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Idle problems
« on: Aug 2nd, 2005, 6:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Guys,

I have a 2.3 Ultima Auto which is having a problem with the idle both in gear and in park/neutral.  When you start the car from cold there’s no problem but as soon as it gets to operating temperature it tends to idle at approx 1300.  Also if you then put it into park/neutral the revs will increase to 2000.  Now, when I switch the ignition off and then turn it back on the revs will shoot up to 4000 revs for around 4 or 5 seconds then go down to around 2000.  Finally, the rev counter tends to flicker occasionally, particularly when accelerating in second gear.

The readings were a little more severe than this before so I changed the MAF sensor and this seemed to have calmed the revs down and stopped the car pulling while driving.  Also I have cleaned the idle control valve with some carb cleaner spray.

I have also disconnected the MAF sensor completely and taken it for a test drive.  The car runs almost perfectly, just has a slight idle problem where the idle drops low and nearly cuts out, but all the other problems go away!  

With this in mind I was thinking that maybe it is a wiring loom problem??

Any ideas greatly welcomed!
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: Idle problems
« Reply #1 on: Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi there

could be, but you really need a OBD-2 scan as it could be one of a number of things. post you location and see if someone nearby can help.

hth
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.