Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 10:29am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« girl thingy/cats »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   girl thingy/cats
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: girl thingy/cats  (Read 1292 times)
kimi

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

girl thingy/cats
« on: Sep 5th, 2005, 4:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I had to buy a new cat today,mr ford and a few others wanted £200.00+very aufull tax each!!!!. SDL only wanted £79.00 inc vat each, while there I asked about o2/lambda sensors, only £35.00 each, any body used their sensors as they are 1/2 the price of anybody else,and is it adviseable to fit the pair or can you fit one without unbalancing the systen/engine etc,etc..Huh My car is a 97 2.9 24v cossie.   Kimi
IP Logged
howiedintheplace

Based near Evesham

View Profile Email

Re: girl thingy/cats
« Reply #1 on: Sep 5th, 2005, 7:04pm »

Kimi
Them sensor's are about the normal aftermarket price but the CAT's are cheap. You got any more info on them as I am sure a few would be interested in them.
IP Logged

Dave
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 5th, 2005, 7:25pm »

Yes! me for one!   Shocked

where did you get them kimi?
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

SaveTheNight

I can resist anything ...except temptation !!

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 5th, 2005, 11:20pm »

I may be wrong kimi but I think you will find they have quoted you incorrectly for the cat .. I hope not but .... regards ........STN
ps ..sensors are fine though ..they are universal so be careful to follow the wiring colours ..as they do not match where you think .. there should be a diagram with them .. ie; not always white to white as you would think ..
IP Logged

kimi

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 6th, 2005, 12:55am »

The price of the cat is 100% correct,I know this because it's in the back of my car,I got it today but haven't fitted it yet. It IS the correct one ( i've only bought the o/s one at this time )I paid £79.00 inc, trade,( retail is £88.35 inc ) as for the make If anybody wants to know I'll post it tomorrow ( it's 00:1 am and nearly my bed time )  The company is : SDL in Sheffield tel 0114 2765335.....Anybody who is a long way from Sheffield and wants one I'm sure we could arrange something.  Now then a question for experts out there , should cats and or lambda sensors be replaced in pairs ?  Kimi..
IP Logged
SaveTheNight

I can resist anything ...except temptation !!

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 6th, 2005, 7:44am »

amazing .. which side is it kimi as one is slightly cheaper than the other .. if its SDL < silencer distributors limited> ..then usually they supply " Bosal " cats .. but I think this will be something else perhaps ..and no ..it's fine to just do one side .. although it's good practice to check the other at the same time .. has the cat pipe got the square flange or the triangular one and are they mild steel ? .. cheers ... STN
IP Logged

kimi

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 6th, 2005, 11:57am »

They are mild steel and both sides are the same price,I will have a look and see what make it is and let you know.they keep them in stock,the lambda sensors they get the same day if you ring and order them in the morning. I use them a lot , for instance I also have a Sierra xr 4x4 and got a full exhaust for £39.00.  Kimi
IP Logged
Oliver

1998 24v Cosworth Estate

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 4:22pm »

The cats seem remarkably cheap.  I need at least the nearside one to get through the MOT later this month as I had knocked out the innards as it was breaking up.

You mention that it was a trade price.  Will they do that for anyone? (i.e. me  Smiley  )
IP Logged
kimi

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 9th, 2005, 1:55am »

My cat is fitted, being the o/s it was not a nice job as there is very little room to work, even the oil filter has to be removed.As far as trade price is concerned its my future son in law who ownes a body shop in Sheffield and gets all my spares for me. I will ask but, if anybody else wants the same he may not be too pleased which would not be fair to others.... P.S.  I have already noticed a difference in performance and fuel economy.. both are a lot better 10 miles more for £20 worth of petrol.... Kimi 
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 9th, 2005, 11:42am »

on Sep 9th, 2005, 1:55am, kimi wrote:
As far as trade price is concerned its my future son in law who ownes a body shop in Sheffield and gets all my spares for me.

Will the trade price still apply after the wedding? Wink
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

kimi

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Sep 9th, 2005, 12:03pm »

Very funny, I hadn't thought of that ! But if I can put the wedding off for another 20 years, I think I'll be ok, because at 71 I will not care about working on my scorp  ( a 71 year old driving a 2.9 24v Cossie , now there's a thought!!!!! )  Kimi
IP Logged
Oliver

1998 24v Cosworth Estate

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Sep 14th, 2005, 10:33pm »

Well I'm off to Sheffield tomorrow afternoon (200 mile round trip) to pick up a couple of cats.  I need the nearside one so I might as well grab the other one while I'm there as they are so cheap.  I hope they don't turn out to be naff as they called them the "economy ones".
IP Logged
kimi

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Sep 15th, 2005, 12:22am »

Mine are fine,straight through M.O.T. Test..They fitted well,once you've got all the tranklements out of the way and don't forget to get a new manifold/cat gasket rings !   Have you asked them if there is a branch nearer you ??...  Kimi
IP Logged
Oliver

1998 24v Cosworth Estate

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Sep 15th, 2005, 8:14am »

They have a branch in Derby I think and that's even further away.  Thanks for reminding me about the copper gasket rings.  I used the old one after I had bashed out the cat due to it breaking up but I think a new one would be advisable this time.  By the way, the retail price is £88.32 +VAT, not inclusive.  I'll ask for a discount and hope for luck.
IP Logged
kimi

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Sep 15th, 2005, 11:50am »

They want to make their  !"£$%^&*() minds up my future son in law  got me one at trade and I fetched one for a pal. Trade was 79.00....retail was 88.35. I've got my pal to check his retail recipt- 88.35....I gave 80 to f.s.i.l. and got a £1 change !...Kimi
IP Logged
Oliver

1998 24v Cosworth Estate

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Sep 16th, 2005, 6:44am »

I got a bit of a discount which ended up around the price your pal paid.

Where did you get the gasket rings from?  SDL didn't have any that fitted.  I suppose I could resort to Ford's but their "fitting kit" was somewhat overpriced the last time I checked (perhaps they provide four new gold-plated nuts as well !).
IP Logged
kimi

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Sep 16th, 2005, 5:15pm »

Pal Huh Future son in law,with large bodyshop. I asked if he could get me two rings and he got them ( f.o.c. as well ) so I asked no questions,so I can't help you. Surely they must be available HuhHe's bringing me a new fuel tank today, some idiot had repaired my tank with sillycone and gaffer tape on the top where you could not see it , new tank £65.40 inc very nasty tax so not too bad I guess.I hope I've got to the bottom of all the nasty last owner bodges. I've just got the front bushes to do, but they were dirt cheap £27.71 for all four bushes.  Anybody  know how much an P reg 2.9 24v ultima estate with 12 months m.o.t. is worth Huh??
IP Logged
Oliver

1998 24v Cosworth Estate

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Sep 17th, 2005, 11:38am »

on Sep 16th, 2005, 5:15pm, kimi wrote:
Pal Huh Future son in law,with large bodyshop.
You mentioned pal first  Smiley
IP Logged
kimi

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Sep 17th, 2005, 12:31pm »

Oliver... Thats what I like about this site comedy and problems all at the same time...mind you you've got to have a sence of humour to buy a Scorpio Cossie !!!!! I'm glad your trip to sunny Sheffield was a success.Let me know how your cat fitting goes...Kimi... P.S. I asked F.S.I.L  if he could get two more exhaust rings, say's he will see what he can do on Monday.
IP Logged
Oliver

1998 24v Cosworth Estate

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Sep 17th, 2005, 12:40pm »

Ooh cheers!  I'm working through a list of jobs before the MOT.  New rear brake discs and pads, replaced the bushes on the rear ant-roll bar drop link and now just the nearside cat to replace.  I bought the offside one just in case.

I picked the worst day for the weather for my trip to Sheffield.  Also I have never seen so many speed cameras as on the road over the moors.

Oliver
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.