Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 10:16am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« thanks scorpio man for help »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   thanks scorpio man for help
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: thanks scorpio man for help  (Read 934 times)
Ashley

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

thanks scorpio man for help
« on: Sep 9th, 2005, 8:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks scorpio man for helping me to find the fuse for my window which I found to be blown Smiley so at least I know it was just my dodgy connections.

I have a new electric window switch and was wondering whether you know offhand,  in which order the wires are inserted into it.  The wires for the nearside switch differ in colour to those of the offside switch, so no clues there Cry.  Im placing them in at random but have blown the replacement fuses you helped me find.

Any help would be appreciated
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: thanks scorpio man for help
« Reply #1 on: Sep 9th, 2005, 10:02pm »

Ashley, You could try this page http://www.carsoft.ru/avtorepair/sierra_el.html. It says Sierra but I am assured it relates to the Scorpio and is a link from this site. Hth.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10th, 2005, 8:51am »

Ashley. I have a 95 2ltr Ultima. The pass switch is wired as follows. Look at the plug with the locating peg to the LEFT. There are four connections on the right.From the top: 1 Red/white,2 Purple/yellow,3 Blue/blk.4 Black. On the left hand side from the top 1 Unused.2 Blue/blk,3Unused,4 Red/yellow.  The wiring for the passenger door switch which is located in the drivers door is totally different as you say. With the locating peg again on the left  the right hand  row is 1 White/green 2 Purple/blk,3Green/black 4 Unused.  1,2 and 3 are unused on the left hand side. 4 Yellow/green. Hope this may help.Good luck.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Ashley

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12th, 2005, 9:57pm »

Thanks Simmo for taking the time to give me a very thorough description of the wiring for the drivers side electric window switch,  however my switch only has 3 metal connections down the right and one on the left.

I keep blowing the fuse as i try different combinations but will persist.

I've been everywhere trying to buy the spade connectors which join the wires but they are either too small or too large.  I dont think they're made anymore
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13th, 2005, 8:00am »

Ashley, I take it from your reply that the actual switch on yours is different from mine rather than just having less wires connected to it. I can only suggest that you put up another post headed(Whatever model your car is - door switch wiring) and asking if anyone could check theirs and list the wiring connections as I did. Good luck.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13th, 2005, 9:33am »

What car is it Ashley??..  
ALL the scorpios 1994/98 have the same window switches even the older grananda's used the same switch although the wirning may have been different  

Here are pictures of the wiring to the switch

IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Sep 13th, 2005, 11:07am »

Snoopy, That is the same as mine. Looking at an earlier post Ashleys car is a 95 N reg Executive. The switch for the pass window fitted in the bank on the drivers door has only four wires and they are coloured differently. I think that is the one he is referring to because there are three in one line and only one in the side which has the locating 'peg'. I listed the colours in my post to him( Reply 2).
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Snoopy
Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 13th, 2005, 2:17pm »

The Wiring diagram is here http://www.carsoft.ru/avtorepair/sierra/powerwind2.pdf

pictures of the passenger side switch  (Drivers door)

Does that help?
IP Logged

Ashley

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 13th, 2005, 3:42pm »

You are all so helpful I want to cry.

My N reg executive only has electric front windows and it is the switch for the drivers window I need to reconnect.  I have a white, black, purple and the yellow/green (earth I assume).  I'll wire it up according to the photo you kindly posted and assume that the green/white in the photo is the equivalent to my white and the black/green is my black.  Incidentally it seems  virtually impossible to find the spade clips which join the wire to the switch in the correct size.  I've tried well known auto shops and independents and the connection is ever so slightly too small or too large. Scrap dealers don't want to know and was advised to go to electrical shops but they cannot be bothered either. Ill let you know if all your hard work in helping me has paid off then i'll donate some cash to the site via paypal if I can Smiley
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 13th, 2005, 4:20pm »

BLACK is EARTH on ALL the wiring on Ford Scorpio so that narrows that down..

I will see if I have a plug in my spares box, or ask Baz he usually has things like that!
IP Logged

Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Sep 13th, 2005, 6:03pm »

Snoopy/Ashley.The wiring in the latest picture is exactly the same as mine for the drivers door side.Good luck.(Don't cry were all here to help!!!)
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Ashley

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Sep 13th, 2005, 7:17pm »

Semi good news

The sequence of wiring is correct and the window came to life.  The bad news is, the window only went down and not up lol. The thing inside the door clicked but no action.

I connected another switch i bought which has 6 connections but this one only made the window go up!!!!!!!!!!. so at least I know the motors ok.  My spade connectors are a bit dodgy could it be these. If anyone has any spare i'll pay good money
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Sep 13th, 2005, 8:40pm »

Try looking at the electrical section in Fault Finding and then try the 're-programming of the one touch closing'. See if that does the trick. Here http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/faultfinds.htm.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Ashley

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Sep 14th, 2005, 11:25am »

I really think I need new spade connectors Simmo to at least rule them out.  Do you know anyone else on here who has any they can sell to me?
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Sep 14th, 2005, 3:32pm »

Ashley, Try a post on the Parts wanted page and see if that bears fruit. Snoopy did say he might have some bits or perhaps Baz. Also if you're near a breakers the switches are apparently the same as the previous model. If I'm near my local Scrappy I'll see what I can 'locate'. I'm sure someone will help out.Hang on in there.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Ashley

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Sep 14th, 2005, 8:37pm »

Thanks Simmo,  I'll post an advert.  When I bought this car the windows were temperamental but wasn't bothered as it only cost me £950. The reason I need new spade connectors is because I actually severed the wires from the connectors as the ends seemed blackened and burned out so i'm assumng this could be the problem,  so im really looking for a complete switch with the connectors in situ and can the attach the wires or simply just spade connectors on there own. I'll let you know if my adverts successful or maybe snoopy can dig 4 out for me
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Sep 15th, 2005, 7:49am »

I have not got one but PM  Baz and see if he can source a couple of plugs with a length of the wiring harness on then you could rejoin and have the correct colour wires.
IP Logged

Ashley

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Sep 15th, 2005, 12:19pm »

Thanks Snoopy, ive sent Barry an email and am keeping my fingers crossed
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Sep 15th, 2005, 3:00pm »

Ashley, PM me your address  or a phone number and you may be lucky !!.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Ashley

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: Sep 17th, 2005, 8:23pm »

Jackpot.

I connected the switch that you sent me and up and down she went hehe.  My passenger window control is still very temperemental but does have some life in it so will try some diy.  Simmo can you send me your full name and address so I can cross your palm with silver
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.