Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 6:26pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 2.3 running problem »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   2.3 running problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2.3 running problem  (Read 548 times)
solarpanel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

2.3 running problem
« on: Oct 15th, 2005, 11:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

engine will start but it runs uneven,it runs asif the plug leads are on wrong,pops and bangs through inlet manifold and doesnt rev properly.have fitted another cat as it had fell to bits,any ideas gents
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: 2.3 running problem
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16th, 2005, 8:06am »

hi there

check the coil packs for damage and the wiring to them. also, don't run it too long as it will damage the cat with a over rich mixture.

check the spark plugs for a correct gap... 1.0mm motorcraft AGPR22 P1.

give us somemore detail. did this just start happening? before or after fitting the new cat?
IP Logged
solarpanel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 16th, 2005, 12:33pm »

hi scorpio-man,bought car couple of days ago it had been to main dealers who told the owner that the cat was us the guys got more money than sense so he bought new car[rover 75 est]so just wanted rid,yes the cat was us so fitted new cat,the car starts up,revs 3500 dies to tick over will then cough and spit then stops,restart does same again.its also had new plastic inlet manifold.any help
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 16th, 2005, 1:38pm »

hi there

take the new cat off for the time being. no point in wreaking it. could be all sorts of things. fuel filter, injectors, coil packs, plugs, crank shaft sensor, etc, etc.

did the fmd give a print out of any error codes? that would be my first port of call. get a scan and see if it throws some light on it.

also check for cracks on the exhaust manifold and any lose fitting on the egr pipework.

hth
IP Logged
solarpanel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 16th, 2005, 8:28pm »

exhaust manifold is ok, been replaced, coilpacks look ok,havent checked the crank shaft sensor,is it under the inlet manifold.as for print out i dont know will book it in for test scan,as i dont think anyone is in the norwich area on this site that can help out with a scan,fmd cost £55 per hr+VAT,they recon 90mins to scan car
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 16th, 2005, 8:49pm »

hi there

make a post in the OBD-2 section. leave it for a few days and see if a member can help you out. might save you a bit. Wink
IP Logged
solarpanel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 19th, 2005, 5:40pm »

hi gents,update,had tuning man round today got running problem sorted even though the car had had anew inlet manifold fitted by local garage up in scotland because they did not fix the cause of the poor running[cat falling to bits blocking it]the pressure has caused the manifold to hole just under the idle air valve plus the air valve has been damaged[with screwdriver by the look of it the centre disc is bent as i have compered it with the ones on my other two scorpios]so temp repair to manifold and changing iacv it runVERY WELL thanks to all who replied to posts  
solarpanel
IP Logged
solarpanel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 23rd, 2005, 3:55pm »

started car friday ran at 2000rpm would not drop revs as i thought it was on choke,sadly notbecause the cat had blocked the exhaust the hot gasses flow back through the metal pipe from manifold and goes into the inlet manifold where the metal pipe which has a bent end on it and this allows the heat to melt the plastic section under the iacv thus causing it to rev high as the air gets in under the valve
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.