Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 6:15pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Granada heated seats wiring? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Granada heated seats wiring?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Granada heated seats wiring?  (Read 998 times)
madnorton

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Granada heated seats wiring?
« on: Oct 20th, 2005, 1:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi everyone im new and after some advice.

My dad pointed me in your direction because he sometimes has a look on here for bits about his car! hes got a 2.9 ghia granada estate. Hes currently replacing the thing that looks like a radiator! cant think of its name! any way its to do with the heating an is a pig to fit!!

right being only 21 there wont be any chance of me owning a scorpio or granada anytime soon. I instead......DONT LAUGH!! have a hyundai accent coupe! ive got some excellent granada seats fitted at the moment in it. i had to have legs welded up but they went in ok!

i cant take advantage of the electronic height adjustment because the subframe on the seat was just the right size with the seat in the lowest position! any higher and i wouldnt be able to move the wheel.

ANYWAY ... i know the seats have the heated seat function and would like this working in my accent! Has anyone here had a runin with the heated seats!?? how can i test them etc.

My seats have a up down button on the side and thats it! i cant figure out though which wires underneath are for the heated seat pad and which is positive neg etc etc (Because the haynes manuals gives no wiring diagram!)

would it be simple enough that i could run a power feed from the battery with a inline fuse and put switches on route to each of the heated seats?

Sorry for the long post if anyone can help it would be more than appreciated!  

mad
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: Granada heated seats wiring?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 1:48pm »

hi there

this is the wiring diagrams

hth
IP Logged
madnorton

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 1:56pm »

so im goin to have to make some sort of harness? what does that box that says relay dO? i thought it would be as easy as running a 12v feed from battery to some switches etcHuh

is this going to be hard? / worth doing cost wise??

thankyou for speedy reply!!!
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 2:16pm »

hi there

now you're asking Undecided i'm not sure but some members have had to replace it to get the heaters to work, so it must do something. Grin can you not find a old granada and raid the wiring loom? the relay is under the central tunnel cover.
IP Logged
Daven

I'm a cheeky Boy! (Simmos fan club)

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 2:55pm »

The relay is a kind of electrical switch, it means the actual switches run on a lower amp circuit.

The heated pads need a 20amp supply from the cigar lighter circuit as the obviously draw a high current, but the switches and relay require a 5amp circuit!

So when you turn on the switch the 5amp circuit switches on the 20amp circuit via the relay, and the switch does not burn out!

I had to make up the harness to fit my heated seats - its not difficult or expensive - but make sure you get it right or the car is likely to smell a bit burned and chrispy Roll Eyes

Dave
IP Logged
madnorton

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 3:16pm »

forgive my ignorance but this sounds like a female dog! im going to show my dad what youve shown me to see if he can resolve it!  

daven do you have any images of the relay you madeHuhi really want these working for winter mainly becuase my heating is crud and i have a big ass!  Lips Sealed

regards mad
IP Logged
madnorton

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 11:02pm »

is any one on this forum breaking a scorpio? if you are and you would like to sell a wiring harness/relay and wires id be happy to do business with you!!!

regards mad
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 11:42pm »

Mad,

we have a member on here called Danny R and he had his first Scorpio at 20 I think. It was a 2.0 ultima if memory serves. No doubt he will let us know, we have to wait though cos he is in a different time zone now cos he lives in the states!!

Baz

(Keeping on the right side of Danny for any future trips to disneyland Florida!!)

PS Dan, has your dad been over yet?
IP Logged
Daven

I'm a cheeky Boy! (Simmos fan club)

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 8:46am »

on Oct 20th, 2005, 3:16pm, madnorton wrote:

daven do you have any images of the relay you madeHuh
regards mad

No - but if you go to a Ford dealer they will sell you one for about £13 Roll Eyes

The diagram Scorpio_man pointed out contain the information you need - allbeit too much info unless you are into electronics!

If you get the relay and the switches - you will see a number next to each of the connection posts - now look at the diagrame and you will see the same numbers.

Connect each unit up as per the diagram and you should be ok! Remember to use the correct amp wire for each circuit!

If you arn't bothered about the switches lighting up when the side lights are on you can forget connection 4 on each of the switches!

Check your connections as you work and study the diagram until you understand the cable connection - remember any work like this is taken at your own risk!

Dave

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.