Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 6:20pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Missfire caused by Cat/Manifold ??? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Missfire caused by Cat/Manifold ???
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Missfire caused by Cat/Manifold ???  (Read 331 times)
macmilm

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Missfire caused by Cat/Manifold ???
« on: Oct 26th, 2005, 11:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

Currently have a Missfiring 2.3 16V Manual....

I recently changed then engine in it as last one died and did it myself with help of friend....

I currently need some gasket seal between the Manifold and Cat as it is audibly blowing a bit. My question is.. Could this be causing the missfire I am experiencing Huh?

e.g. The reading from cat are incorrect causing the fuel system to be out or something like that...

What also happens (I think) is that the missfire causes the temp in the plenium chamber to rise way too high in turn causing air to expand which pushes water out through overflow from my cooling system (Usually just as I turn the engine off) so I constantly need to top water up ... But I guess when missfire is cured this will stop too.

Does this sound likely Huh

Thanks all.
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: Missfire caused by Cat/Manifold ???
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 5:56am »

hi there

have you checked the wiring (fuel cut off loom) to the spark plugs and coil packs? are the spark plugs gapped correctly? an air leak could cause a misfire. have you had the car OBD-2 scanned for error codes? that might help a bit.

re water bit. might be a head gasket issue Undecided
IP Logged
macmilm

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 1:58pm »

Cheers.

Dont think its the head gasket as that is what went on my last engine (exact same model).... I managed to keep the car going for nearly a year and although it would lose its coolant water it never came out thru the overflow. Also you get the oil in water issue which I do not have.... and on top of that the engine I currently have in there has only done about 18k miles.... bit too low to have a head gasket issue I would have thought... plus previous owner of engine was a pensioner so probably drove it slow  

Cheers
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 10:53pm »

Depends where the gasket goes whether or not you get oil in the water, it could quite easily be leaking straight into a cylinder or externally.

Its not impossible for a low milage/slow driven engine to get a gasket leak, nor does the fact a previous engine had one mean you wont get one in this engine.
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

solarpanel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 28th, 2005, 8:49pm »

are you sure that the cat is not blocked[the ceramic part has not fallen to bits]as this will cause servere running problems,and if the cats blocked the exhaust  the hot gasses will flow through the metal pipe that goes to the inlet manifold and melt the insides of the inlet manifold under the air idle valve,this causes the car to pop and bang as the fuel mix is all over the place.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.