Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 3:25am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« hesitant pull off »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   hesitant pull off
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: hesitant pull off  (Read 392 times)
hiacekim

I'm a YaBB newbie!

hiacekim   hiacekim
View Profile Email

hesitant pull off
« on: Dec 5th, 2005, 9:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Huh Scorpio ultima 2.9 12v 1995. Hi all ,here we go ...started with ,On cold ..starts perfectly , try to pull away dies, restart ,veeeery gently use throttle ,pulls away, and once revs are up ok. But can die again if low revs ,before its just warmed up. Once warm ok.   Lived with this for a couple of winters now, but then, Couple of deaths ,one whilst running, it died and AA man came ,could not start .Trailered to ford, when it got there it started .Ford checked could find nothing .Few weeks past all ok ,then would not start again Mr AAs Trailer again, not to ford but home.  Checked out this brilliant site of ours, Problem symptoms looked like ..so Checked and took off the idle bypass cleaned it out, put back on and...it started not very smooth, but it went. Down to ford, bought a Idle bypass valve put it on hey presto started first time , but still have the cold pull off prob ,any ideas folks  
       Cheers kim
IP Logged

2.9 cosworth est 1996
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: hesitant pull off
« Reply #1 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 3:40pm »

Did you clean the butterfly vanes in side they sometimes get a build up of much and crud which can caus esimilar poroblems, but the syptoms you describe are synonymous with the ICV failing...  if thats replaced then look to the plugs and leads.  
BTW have you replaced the vacum pipe whih goes under the ICV if thats off it causes problems on the 12v..... I know from past experience.!
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
hiacekim

I'm a YaBB newbie!

hiacekim   hiacekim
View Profile Email

Re: hesitant pull off
« Reply #2 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 8:18pm »

Hi, Thanks for that £ 58.63 Bought me a IACV . I have seen the pipe you describe.... tomorrow I will put a jubilee clip on it because I can see that its pulling against the joint under the IAVC unit .The 2 air intakes onto the throttle body I Have taken off .but it all looks really clean in there ?? On my capri V6 I  Undecided used to get that up and down searching with the revs cleaning the gate on the air intake used to solve that ,but this when you put your foot down to pull away cold and it dies..just drives me nuts  Roll Eyes  sooo many electrical sensors . Well tomorow down to buy Cap and leads, already done the plugs .
   cheers kim
IP Logged

2.9 cosworth est 1996
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.