Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 4:26am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 2007 radio connector plugs »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   2007 radio connector plugs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2007 radio connector plugs  (Read 291 times)
hepburn

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

2007 radio connector plugs
« on: Dec 17th, 2005, 12:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All,

I currently have my 2007 cd changer head unit out of the dash and wondered if anone could shed light on the 3 connectors which plug into the back of it.

The first connector is bright yellow and has 3 wires.  I'm thinking this might be power related.

The second connector is black and has 8 wires. Could this be 2 wires per speaker, 4 channels?

The third connector is more like a computer type plug than a car audio plug and has a flat grey cable attached.  Steering stalk connector maybe?

Finally, the part number of the unit is 95GP-18K876-CA. Can anyone tell me if this unit has the built-in amp or does it utilise the external amp above the glove box?

All help gratefully received  Thanks!
IP Logged
SaveTheNight

I can resist anything ...except temptation !!

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

Re: 2007 radio connector plugs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 7:55am »

Hiya ..  2007 does not have an inbuilt amp and yes ..it's the one above the glovebox ..needs bypassing to use an inbuilt amp radio .. laborious and a bit tricky but daven has done the write up if you require it .. I believe " autoleads " do now do a connector lead that plugs into the ribbon lead you describe ... regards ..... STN
IP Logged

hepburn

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

Re: 2007 radio connector plugs
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 5:15pm »

Thanks for the reply.  I've bitten the bullet and pulled the 2007 head unit and replaced it with a decent sony cd/radio unit.  The write up was a great help and i pretty much did exactly as it described.  The one addition i'd make is that 2.5mm twin & earth wire is the perfect size to push-fit into the amplifier speaker connector.  From there it was a simple case of using terminal block and making the relevent connections.  The result works great and if I ever decide to put back the ford head unit all I have to do is pull out the cables I installed.

Now all I need to do is make copies of my CD's so if some chav ever decides to break in and nick my CD's at least I'll still have the originals.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my various postings on this subject.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.