Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 6:16am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Washer Jet Removal »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Washer Jet Removal
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Washer Jet Removal  (Read 317 times)
dexix

Email

Washer Jet Removal
« on: Jan 6th, 2006, 11:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi guys a little help would be appreciated on this.

I only get a dribble out of my passenger side washer jet and have been unable to clear it with a pin.

I would like to take it out and have a proper look at it but am a little hesitant at how to do it.

I managed to prise it partly up with a screwdriver from the top of the bonnet but assume I have to take the pipe off underneath - it seems really well stuck on and am afraid I might snap the connector or get it off and not be able to get the pipe back on again.

Any suggestions please?

IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

Re: Washer Jet Removal
« Reply #1 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 12:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yes they are a tight fit, I can only suggest twisting  the hose  while  pulling  it gently   rather than yanking  it and, as you say,  risking  breaking it.  A thin  knife  blade or  feeler  guage   will   be  handy   when  removing   the  washer jet  unit.
IP Logged
dexix

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 1:32pm »

Thanks Mr F I think a couple of whiskeys to keep me calm and then I will have another go!

I am sure the scorp should of come with a pull out seat from the engine bay as every job I do seems to involve me sprawled awkwardly over the engine.
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 3:17pm »

Well  if  you , like me ,   have a  195/60  R15  spare tyre round your waist then   any stretching  or exertion    brings    one out  in  a   sweat Shocked

So, take it easy.
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 6:59pm »

If removing the pipe is your main concern why not try a little warmth. A hair dryer on even a hot rag held round the pipe should be enough to soften the pipe and allow you to disconnect it without damaging the connector.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
craig

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 7:37pm »

if it helps,the securing lug of the washer jet is on the back of the jet (front of the car),had to replace 1 of mine last year,you do have to try to push that lug in from underneath at the same time as trying to manouvere the jet out,once the jet is out,you will see what i mean
IP Logged
dexix

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 9:44pm »

Cheers guys I think I have a little more idea and confidence in trying now - if it all goes pear shaped you will soon know about it as there will be a posting in the spares wanted section for a new washer jet - or maybe a bonnet - or maybe a car! Depending on how my patience holds out  Angry
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.