Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 10:22am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Door fitting/wind noise »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Door fitting/wind noise
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Door fitting/wind noise  (Read 312 times)
hepburn

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

Door fitting/wind noise
« on: Jan 11th, 2006, 3:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Wonder if someone can advise me on this problem?  

I have a late 94 frog eye 2l saloon.  At speeds in excess of 50mph I've noticed a bit of wind noise coming from the upper driver door area.  On closer inspection it seems to be the passenger door with the problem.  Whilst the door generally has a good fit the upper frame where it meets the roof seems to be dropped and not flush as the other doors.  

Is it possible the frame around the door glass could be bent slightly?  I'm thinking this might be the case as the metal panel area seem to fit nicely.  

Are there any adjustments to be made to correct this?  The adjustment would literally be 1-2 mm in and up at most.  I'm hoping to get to the next essex meet if anyone going there would like to take a look.

Thanks.
IP Logged
nuttyscorp

1998 (R)  2.3 ultima

View Profile Email

Re: Door fitting/wind noise
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 3:17pm »

i would try another door seal first if you can, it would be unusuall to have had the top of the door "bowed out", but is easily rectified if that is the case, but dont use over  excessive pressure if you do try to put it "straight", and make sure window is down. i will probably be at the next essex/kent meet, if you need assistance, but as i say, try another door seal/rubber. if cant get one, let me know, and ill bring one up with me.

Russ
IP Logged

project car :- "84" mk2 granada 2.8i ghia X TURBO (rs 500 box)
hepburn

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

Re: Door fitting/wind noise
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 3:59pm »

Appreciate the comment about the seal russ but it's not the problem.  I've checked all the seals on all doors and there is nothing amiss there.  This is a problem with the door itself, and is very evident when you look down the length of the car.  I'm thinking it's actually warped as the mis-alignment is only evident at the edge of the door where the hinges are located.  The edge that "shuts" is fine.  

I'll try dropping the window and see if a little gentle persuasion helps...
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.