Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 12:38pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Three unrelated queries - 12v auto. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Three unrelated queries - 12v auto.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Three unrelated queries - 12v auto.  (Read 512 times)
Barnum

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Three unrelated queries - 12v auto.
« on: Jan 15th, 2006, 8:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

I have recently bought a '95 2.9 Ghia 12v after running company cars for a number of years.   I note the comments about the importance of having a battery cover, well my car does have the battery cover but the adjacent wipers linkage is exposed.  Should there be another cover here and, if so, is it important?  Also I find instruments a little too bright a night; is there a panel lights dimmer switch as I cannot seem to find one?  Finally, what kind of fuel consumption can I expect from a 12v auto?  My car struggles to beat 20 mpg though I drive it gently, mostly on uncongested A and B roads, and encounter very little traffic.  The engine runs sweet enough (62k miles with full Ford history) and 4th. gear engages every time.  I have carried out consumption tests which concur with the figure on the trip computer.  Seems odd as the 2.8 carburettor Granadas (3 speed auto) which I drove - and much harder - 20 years ago managed to do better than that..  Great site by the way, very informative! Huh
IP Logged
locky

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile WWW

Re: Three unrelated queries - 12v auto.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 9:09pm »

hi there, and welcome

I'm affraid that the fusebox next to the wiper motor does not have a cover, although early Granadas did have a foam cover fitted over the the top of them.

There is no dimmer switch for the dash instruments, something that Ford, in all their wisdom left out, Roll Eyes Shame really.

As for the fuel consumption, mines does about 21 - 22 or there abouts, around town, expect higher on Motorways. I think the introdution of Cats have something to do with performance and fuel consumption.

HTH
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 7:59am »

I think Locky meant to say that the Winscreen wiper motor and linkage IS exposed but the fuse boxes do ALL have covers As well as the battery, your fuel consumption is about right for around town driving..
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
locky

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 12:35pm »

Embarassed thanks snoopy

may have had one too many beers, i think Wink
IP Logged
Barnum

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 10:05pm »

Thanks for the prompt replies, guys.  I find it strange that Ford should omit the panel lights dimmer - even my my old Mk.3 Cortina 1.6L had one of those.  But I guess that is progress!

Barnum.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.