Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 9th, 2024, 1:23am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Cooling system »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Cooling system
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cooling system  (Read 3155 times)
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Re: Cooling system
« Reply #20 on: Apr 6th, 2006, 8:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Two days now.... I might have had it done if it were not for the fact that new matrix (states Sierra/Scorpio on Box) wouldn't fit in the heater box due to the end being too large & so wouldn't fit through the halfway hole in the heater box (£29 matrix). I've taken that one back & ordered one from Ford (£91) & will get it Friday.
One more thing that may be a helpfull addition to the matrix removal described on this site is that removing the brake pedal or at least swinging sideways towards the accelerator by removing the long bolt & nut at the top does help immensely.
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Apr 8th, 2006, 7:44pm »

Finished.............. Heating is now working perfectly.
The old matrix wasn't completely blocked but was severely restricted (blowing into it took a lot of effort), so anything other than water (rust & other particles) passing through it was obviously blocking the very slim passageways.
IP Logged
Jim

1996  2.3    115k and rising

View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: Apr 9th, 2006, 8:20pm »

I had the same problem fitting the matrix, but it is only a seam half way down the heater apature. Quick cut with a hacksaw blade gave it enough flex to push the matrix through (only fouled the casing not the tubes). However the Ford Scorpio matrix is also longer than the standard Sierra/Granada one and so has a greater heat capacity.
IP Logged

Jim
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Apr 9th, 2006, 10:00pm »

When I spoke to Ford about the matrix, they asked me if I had climate control (which I do), because if you have this then it is a different matrix to Scorpios that just have normal air-con or no air-con at all. I went for the more expensive Ford matrix as I want it to last. I suppose I could have filed the middle hole in the heater box to make it bigger, but I figured that the original more expensive matrix would do the job properly & last longer. Lets face it, who wants to do that job again in a years time?
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: Apr 9th, 2006, 10:43pm »

Does anybody have a broken HBC and/or SATC module they'd be willing to give me?  I don't need them for my car but I'd be interested in taking them apart and seeing what it is that's failed in them (probably a power transistor), hopefully if I can find out I can make a guide to repairing them.

I'm not an electrician or electronics expert by any means, and there's probably people on here better qualified to do it, but if nobody else fancies the challenge...

Darren
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.