Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 6:12pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Scorpio 2.5 td »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Scorpio 2.5 td
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Scorpio 2.5 td  (Read 516 times)
subaru

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Scorpio 2.5 td
« on: Mar 18th, 2006, 8:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everyone, i have been watching the scorpio site for a while with nothing to say or report.!!! BUT My very 2.5TD scorpio has died. Please Help!!!!!. It looks like one of the push rods is very loose and not doing anything. can anyone help to whats happened and how do i fix this problem. Please Please Help Me, many Thanks. Cry
IP Logged
subaru

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: Scorpio 2.5 td
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 8:55pm »

Hi There, the push rod is complete, and the rocker is fine,, could it be the cam follower and if so how do you repace it and is it a big jobHuh? Cry
IP Logged
tony

1996 2.9 12v

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 9:12pm »

Snaped or snapped? Posting for postings sake again

----------------------------

Subaru,

You are likely on the right track. Could be the cam follower, not too easy if you've no mechanical knowledge, not too difficult if you have.

I've no experience with the TD engines, but theres plenty on here who have, they'll be along before too long with sensible advice.

Tony
IP Logged
tony

1996 2.9 12v

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 9:16pm »

hmmmmmmm.........
IP Logged
subaru

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 9:17pm »

Hi Tony, i have quite alot of experience of motorcycles engine but not Diesel engines, please if anyone knows what type of job it is to do please inform me, i am ready and waiting to take the engine to bits, if the job is not to big, many thanks Roll Eyes
IP Logged
bootiful-scorpios

ex     2.9 24v

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 9:33pm »

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/engdatadiesel.htm . u may find this a bit helpfull till some one who knows come along  Wink
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19th, 2006, 7:37am »

It is apparently quite common for the push rods on the diesel to jump out . It is quite and easy preocedure to put it back... its all on the site but others with more experience with the TD will give you advice.  
there is a thread here

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Problems;action= display;num=1138624962;start=6#6

and here  

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Problems;action= display;num=1113584255;start=7#7
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
subaru

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19th, 2006, 11:03am »

Hi Everyone, the advice you have given me so far has helped loads. I have tried to put the puss rod back but there is loads of play in it still, is it possible for the follower to fall to bits and how do i change itHuh?. Thanks for all the people trying to help. Huh
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19th, 2006, 1:02pm »

The WHOLE ENGINE data for the 2.5 TD is here  
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/TDImanual.htm
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 12:11am »

Looking at the exploded diagram it appears that the cam followers are linked in pairs with a retaining strap.  There is a roller on the bottom of each follower so it's possible that one has failed (fallen off, flat-spotted, etc.)  From the picture it looks like they could be hydraulic followers but I doubt it as that isn't mentioned anywhere.

Also, from the PDF dismantling guide it looks like you'll need to remove the cylinder head (there's actually four separate heads) to be able to extract that pair of followers.

Must add I've not worked on this engine - yet - and I'm hoping I won't have to either...  Undecided

Darren
IP Logged
mazzy_j

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 1:21pm »

Yes they are hydraulic followers. Halfway done the link below is a photo of what they look like:

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Advice;action=di splay;num=1142289622;start=

To get to the pushrods, if you havn't already done so, all you need to do is remove the rocker cover and you can have a better look from there to see whats what. Unless it looks like a real mess (hopefully not) there shouldn't be a need to remove the heads. When i took a td engine apart i found that some off the pushrods were quite loose and wondered why, it just depends on the piston and camshaft position as to whether or not that have any pressure on them from the camshaft below.  

Hope this is some help.

Matt
IP Logged
subaru

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 4:56pm »

Hi There, i have taken all the advice on board, Thanks to everyone, Just one more question, can you remove just one cylinder HeadHuhHuhHuh Smiley Smiley Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.