Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 24th, 2024, 4:16am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Cruise Control Issue »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Cruise Control Issue
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cruise Control Issue  (Read 295 times)
DazRSK

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

Cruise Control Issue
« on: Mar 31st, 2006, 1:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all

After running a 2.3 version for a few months, I have decided to go out and buy a td - fuel costs were getting at the bank account too much.

Could somebody help/advise me please - the car I bought has a cruise control fault - which I was fully aware of when purchased - and having scanned the fault items that other members have posted (I will still check the recommendations advised), I cannot see my cruise problem listed.

It appears that when driving along, the cruise control green light on the dashboard flickers on and off, even though I have not pressed any of the buttons - I will also add that the car does not start automatically taking control of itself under these situations (thankfully). Also, when I press the white "on" button and then the "+" button, this has no effect to controlling the light - it either continues to flicker or stays unilluminated (basically does its own thing).  

Has anybody had any of these issues where the light is flickering uncontrollably on the dash but still cannot be activated from any buttons and would the remedy be more electrical - ie relay ?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Just another thing with this td - the front nearside indicator is loose and whilst on route home from where I purchased it, the lamp dropped out of the bumper. I had to perform a quick fix to prevent it from happening again by fastening it in with tape. When I was inspecting how it should be retained before doing the temparary repair, I can't quite see if something is broken in the housing (bumper) - the indicator has a plastic retainer clip on one side (the outside) and a spring clip on the other side of the lense. Realise I am being lazy here since I know that I should be able to find this on the site - should this just "spring" back in place or are there some screws missing. BTW - it is Ultima spec with front fogs.  

Thanks again

Daren.
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Cruise Control Issue
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 5:50pm »

It's in the hanbook about the lamp unit. http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/images/handbook124.gif.Sorry not encountered the cc problem.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Geoff_W

98 Ulti2.5tdi Auto

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 6:25pm »

Welcome Daren

On the cruise on/off problem, can you confirm does the cruise control actually work when you select it?

If so, it looks like the light coming on may be linked to a dirty switch connection on the wheel. Or it may be relay or fuse linked and the way that it sits in the fuse box.

Just a couple of things to look at.  

HTH

Geoff
IP Logged

The winding road goes on and on... or at least it does in Northumberland
DazRSK

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 6:43pm »

Thanks guys - very clear now on the indicator issue.

Geoff - when I press any buttons to do with the cc, nothing works. There may be a problem with the control buttons, however, it is strange that the light has a mind of its own before I reach for the cc buttons. When I press the on/off buttons nothing seems to happen. When I follow this with the pressing of the on and the "+" button, still nothing happens.

I shall have a look at the control mechanism under the bonnet this weekend but I think it may be electrical judging by the cc "blackpool lights" effect from the dashboard while driving ordinarily.
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 9:46pm »

I would guess at the connection between the steering wheel and column.  This also does the airbag and horn push so you could check for faults in those too...

Darren
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.