Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:21pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Panel Lights? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Panel Lights?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Panel Lights?  (Read 336 times)
Spannerdemon

Email

Panel Lights?
« on: Apr 1st, 2006, 8:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I can't find this information in the very good section on removing the instrument panel to replace bulbs.

My clock light isn't working, but what I want to know is if the clock light also illuminates the small air vent panel which is above the Air conditioning and heating control panel.

There are controls for the vents, which look as though they should be lit when the lights are on.

Is there a separate bulb for these, and if so can someone tell me where it is, and how I replace it.

Are there any pictures on the site of what the clock and other instrument bulbs look like please? I'd like to buy them before I start the job.

Thanks.
IP Logged
craig

Email

Re: Panel Lights?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 1st, 2006, 8:29pm »

have a read of    THIS HERE
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 1st, 2006, 8:57pm »

Thanks for this Craig. Very useful. So reading the information, do I assume that lighting for the knobs that control air supply to the vents ABOVE the Climate Control panel is supplied by bulbs within the Climate Control Panel, or are there other bulbs in this (upper) panel)?
It's not the CC panel that isn't lit. It's the panel above it with the air louvres in it, and the two rotating knobs, which I'm sure SHOULD illuminateHuh

Many thanks.   Smiley
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Apr 1st, 2006, 10:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

They certainly don't on my Ultima. The only illumination is the CC panel and the clock.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 2nd, 2006, 12:45am »

Nope,  they're  not   illuminated    ( like the CC  buttons  on  the   steering wheel  and the Sunroof switch ) ,    so  don't waste your time removing  them.  NoNo
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 2nd, 2006, 6:07am »

OK. That's all I needed.   Thanks for this guys.  I haven't had the car long ( previously owned a 2.4i Granada Ghia), so it's still the learning curve for me.  Smiley
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 2nd, 2006, 7:27am »

Don't feel alone!. I'm sure some who have been here a long time would say the curve never stops!!.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 2nd, 2006, 7:50pm »

Cheesy Cheesy  I am REALLY delighted with the car. Just want to get everything working that isn't.
Apart from a few scuffs on the bumper, which I am going to sort out next week weather permitting, (bumper off, strip, prep, spray and re-fit). Have the paint etc. just need time off, and then I can get to work in my nice warm garage.

Thanks again. This is a truly awsome find considering that there is no Haynes Manual. This is FAR BETTER than any recent Haynes that I've seen anyway. The new ones almost make you feel that you are incapable of wielding a few spanners!!  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.