Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 11:22pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« New owner - proper wheels needed and blower fault »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   New owner - proper wheels needed and blower fault
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New owner - proper wheels needed and blower fault  (Read 479 times)
stil

Ford Scorpio Ultima 2.0 16V 1995 Saloon

View Profile

New owner - proper wheels needed and blower fault
« on: Apr 20th, 2006, 9:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi! I've just bought Scorpio 2.0 16V Ultima, pleased with it (I've never expect such a nice car, and so many Gadget-like stuff inside...), angry about stupidity of some dumb mechanic who suggested to previous owner to put 14" steel wheels instead original alloys - he didn't have right tyre size, but fitted 14" wheels instead... All the curbs are mine and most of the speed ramps, if anybody have a set of original wheels and don't need them, I'd be happy to buy them. Is there any point of putting higher tyres, or just replace the wheel rims?
Another thing: just reprogrammed my remote, thanks for that - advice how to was found on this site - and checked fault codes for AC system, blower doesn't work. Haven't checked voltages, etc. yet, as I'm not sure where to measure them. It doesn't come up with any fault, so it looks like it would be the fan itself (maybe I'm wrong...), will try to strip it down, but first, a question: on the multiplug thing in the middle under the windscreen (evapourator, I guess), I've got three plugs: two on the sides and one on top - two on the sides I assume are powering it, and on top it's some kind of sensor connection (quite thin cable), BUT - there's only ONE cable going into the plug on the top, there are two connections on the plug, so if I'm right, I might be missing something, and that might be the source of a problem, but it might be that there's suppose to be only one cable coming into it. Please advise... Thanks in advance!

regards, stil.
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: New owner - proper wheels needed and blower fa
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20th, 2006, 9:29pm »

I think the unit with only a single wire you are referring to is the Heater Blower Control.The single wire is the only one on mine. The fan motor has been known to 'stick' and it is sometimes possible to get it running again by accessing the unit from under the bonnet and spraying WD40 on it. Will try to find the link.  Found it, read this.http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=admin4;action=di splay;num=1133086555.  And then try thishttp://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/hbctest.htm.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21st, 2006, 7:00am »

As regards the wheels where in the country are you ? I do have a FULL set of the teardrop 15 inch wheel which I might let go ? But the cost of sending them would be prohibitive.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Geoff_W

98 Ulti2.5tdi Auto

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21st, 2006, 8:37am »

If you move up to teardrops at 15 inch or 12 spokes at 16 inch you will see the prices of tyres start to increase quite dramatically, but life will certainly get better.

Was this previous owner some sort of low rider fan then? Grin
IP Logged

The winding road goes on and on... or at least it does in Northumberland
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21st, 2006, 6:23pm »

Hp I have a set of the original wheels if you are interested but like Snoopy said posting would be cost prohibitive,but your welcome to them.

regards Kenboy

IP Logged
stil

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Apr 21st, 2006, 7:15pm »

Got crap wheels, tyres need to be sorted, but it's 15" now, managed to find a set on scrapped Mondeo close to the place I work. Thanks guys, I think that the postage would cost a bit too much for them, to pick them up would be a better idea. I'll update it tomorrow, as if these ones will be straight and balanced enough, I'm fine with wheels.
The blower problem has to be updated as well - I did took the module out, and sprayed WD40 into it, to brushes and bearings, but still - it did started on full power when I've connected two plugs (violet to violet, black to black), but no joy with module installed... What might be the cause? Do I need this module or is it the signal from the sensor connected on top getting it to work? Thanks for reply, everyone...

best regards, stil
IP Logged
stil

View Profile

Re: New owner - blower fault
« Reply #6 on: Apr 21st, 2006, 9:28pm »

The best way to work under the bonnet is in complete darkness with a torch in your teeth - it worked! I've found a problem laying in the sensor contact on top of the HBC module - when I've turned on the ignition and set fan to half power, it started to work while I was pushing down the connector on the top - it might have faulty plug, but I'd rather say, that it's a faulty track or loose connection inside the module (is there any way to dismantle and repair it?) as I've done almost anything that was possible to provide good contact. Finally I did something, that I'm ashame of - I've cable-tied it to the other connector and whilst it's tight it works perfectly. So far so good, but still will need new (working...) HBC module, I guess... On the other hand, temporary solution sometimes tend to last longer than you'd expect...

regards, stil
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.