Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 24th, 2024, 4:21pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« re: 2.0L autobox. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   re: 2.0L autobox.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: re: 2.0L autobox.  (Read 408 times)
irratic

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

re: 2.0L autobox.
« on: May 13th, 2006, 11:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

although i have now ordered an OBD cable,i cant let it lie .....i have found out now that the gearbox was running  perfect untill a mate for some reason had disconnected a sensor and reconnected it... it is the 2 wire sensor on the drivers side behind the single wire temp sensor by the stat housing..can someone tell what that sensor isHuh? and can it in any way affect the gearbox jumping out of o/d..? like i said befor the box is sweet everyday untill the engine gets warm then it plays up....
IP Logged
irratic

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: re: 2.0L autobox.
« Reply #1 on: May 13th, 2006, 12:57pm »

right, checked that sensor out. nothing wrong, while ive got my multimeter in my hand, regarding the MAFF... http://www.carsoft.ru/avtorepair/sierra/engcntrl20a.pdf
at this addred. am i right  that i should get some form of connection between all the pins? whether it be resistance or continuity? as i cant get anything from A which would be the all brown.. does this mean its broken?
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

Re: 2.0L autobox.
« Reply #2 on: May 13th, 2006, 1:36pm »

I think you should be expecting a voltage between the two wires with blue stripes.  From what I can deduce from the diagram the MAF uses +12V and ground to provide power to heat up the resistor network (half of which is exposed to the air flow) and the IC compares the difference in current required between the two halves to maintain a set temperature.  Obviously the one in the air flow will require more current as the air flow increases, whereas the shielded one should be more or less constant.

Unfortunately I don't know what values you should be expecting with zero air flow (engine stopped), engine idling and engine at xxxxRPM so you will just have to check for a change in voltage at different throttle openings and revs.

As for your earlier post, it is possible that the two wire sender was the coolant sensor for the ECU (which is not the same as the one used for the gauge!)

Darren
IP Logged
irratic

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: re: 2.0L autobox.
« Reply #3 on: May 13th, 2006, 7:43pm »

cheers darren.. been messing with it on and off... think i'm barking up the wrong tree.....so i'll prob wait for my cable to arrive first.....its become personal now....lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.