Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 24th, 2024, 6:19pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« insurance »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   insurance
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: insurance  (Read 664 times)
almar1

love the ultima !!

View Profile

insurance
« on: May 17th, 2006, 9:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

had my beloved ultima for 6 years,full comp insurance get a dent in rear door with  scratches to paintwork and  bumper disloged which i pushed back,car was hit by delivery driver when parked! so to get to the point claim on insurance(this car is immaculate) they say byond economical repair and offer me £730.00 Shocked any advise? company red star equity,or should i have not put that!! Undecided
IP Logged
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

Re: insurance
« Reply #1 on: May 17th, 2006, 10:40am »

No personal experience but if offered an amount that is too low the advice I have seen is to look on autotrader and collect details of about 5 cars the same as yours with a reasonable price and show these to the insurers.
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 17th, 2006, 11:36am »

Surely if the van driver is at fault you should be able to claim from his insurance and then the car will have to be restored to its original condition before the crash?

Regards Kenboy
IP Logged
john_smiffy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 17th, 2006, 12:52pm »

tell the insurance company that you want restitution  

legal jargon for you want the car made good not the money
IP Logged

cheers
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 17th, 2006, 10:10pm »

Provided you've got their reg number and a witness (or saw it yourself) then try helphire.  I used them last year after a lorry dragged my 620 down the road - thankfully somebody saw it and noted down their reg.  I got a 2yr old Landrover Discovery TDI auto for about 3 months before getting a cheque from the lorry's insurance co.  I certainly won't be chasing insurance myself from now on - I'll just call helphire and let them sort it for me.

Darren
IP Logged
howiedintheplace

Based near Evesham

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: May 17th, 2006, 10:58pm »

What the insurance offer you is what you should think of as a opening offer.

Prove that your car is worth more if it was sold as pre crash condition & they up their offer a bit.

Don't give up.
IP Logged

Dave
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 17th, 2006, 11:11pm »

You could accept the offer, & then offer them £50 to buy it back. It is obviously a catorgory C write off, so you will not have to MOT again if you repair it
IP Logged
Baw_Flinger

Ex 2.3 owner..... Snif

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: May 18th, 2006, 12:58am »

Try This Wink Wink Wink  http://www.carsbymail.co.uk/contact-us. Nice over price'dness Grin..........

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -
 Our latest Ford Scorpio Offers  
Ford Scorpio - 2.9 12v Ultima Automatic - Saloon - Metallic Black  
95 , M, 110000 miles, £1750
3 Owners. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, CD, Central locking, Colour coding - Body, Computer, Cruise control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Head restraints, Heated screen, Heated seats, Leather seats, Lumbar support, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Sunblind, Sunroof, Tinted glass, Wood/wood effect trim, Includes new MOT and 6 months warranty, Some Service History and MOTs.Insurance Group:13, All usual dealer fascilities, finance arranged and settled, all used cars are HPI checked.

Ford Scorpio - 2.3 16V Ultima Auto - Saloon - Metallic State Blue  
97 , R, 86000 miles, £3125
1 Registered Keeper, ABS, Power Steering, Colour Coded Bumpers and Mirrors, On Board Computer, Full Leather, Radio/CD Player, 17 Inch Alloys, Front and Rear Fog Lights, Serviced at 10k 19k 28k 60k 71k, Air Conditioning, Heated Seats, Alarm, Twin Airbags, Last Serviced at 80k at cost of £2431, Red Master Key, Electric Memory Seats, Electric Door Mirrors, Central Locking, Electric Windows, Cruise Control, Heated Screens, Electric Slide and tilt Sunroof, HPI Certificate, Warranty Available, This Has Got To Be A One Off!

Ford Scorpio - 2.9 12V Ghia Auto - Saloon - metallic green  
96 , N, , £2495
Remote Central Locking, Electric Windows, Electric Sunroof, Electric Mirrors, ABS, Power Steering, Drivers Airbag, Alarm, Immobiliser, Alloy Wheels, On Board Computer, Electric Drivers Seat, 4 Headrests, Taxed, Radio Cassette

Ford Scorpio - 2.9 12v Ultima Automatic - Saloon - Metallic Black  
95 , M, 110000 miles, £1750
3 Owners. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, CD, Central locking, Colour coding - Body, Computer, Cruise control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Head restraints, Heated screen, Heated seats, Leather seats, Lumbar support, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Sunblind, Sunroof, Tinted glass, Wood/wood effect trim, Includes new MOT and 6 months warranty, Some Service History and MOTs.Insurance Group:13, All usual dealer fascilities, finance arranged and settled, all used cars are HPI checked.

Ford Scorpio - 2.3 16V Ultima Auto - Saloon - Metallic State Blue  
97 , R, 86000 miles, £3125
1 Registered Keeper, ABS, Power Steering, Colour Coded Bumpers and Mirrors, On Board Computer, Full Leather, Radio/CD Player, 17 Inch Alloys, Front and Rear Fog Lights, Serviced at 10k 19k 28k 60k 71k, Air Conditioning, Heated Seats, Alarm, Twin Airbags, Last Serviced at 80k at cost of £2431, Red Master Key, Electric Memory Seats, Electric Door Mirrors, Central Locking, Electric Windows, Cruise Control, Heated Screens, Electric Slide and tilt Sunroof, HPI Certificate, Warranty Available, This Has Got To Be A One Off!

Ford Scorpio - 2.9 12V Ghia Auto - Saloon - metallic green  
96 , N, , £2495
Remote Central Locking, Electric Windows, Electric Sunroof, Electric Mirrors, ABS, Power Steering, Drivers Airbag, Alarm, Immobiliser, Alloy Wheels, On Board Computer, Electric Drivers Seat, 4 Headrests, Taxed, Radio Cassette
  www.perrys.co.uk     www.bestpricecar.com     www.regvardy.com     www.carsource.co.uk  

To change your criteria or unsubscribe Click Here  
Click here for our full contact details  

The Carsbymail CarFinder is brought to you in association with AA Car Data Check. Letting you know if the car you're buying has been written off, stolen or has outstanding finance.  

IP Logged

Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #8 on: May 18th, 2006, 7:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The whole point of you having COMPREHENSIVE insurance is to have your car restored to the condition that it was in prior to the accident. You have a right to this.

They accepted your premium, and now they are playing the usual insurance company (gone into hiding) game.  

No wonder they have such a lousy reputation!!  Angry

Get tough with your insurance company, tell them that you are disgusted by, and not settling for their derisory offer.

I used to work for a large law firm, and the first offer is ALWAYS a joke. Get HARD on their case and tell them that you want your car sorting out. THAT is what you paid them insurance for.

If your insurance company won't play ball, then advise them that you will be pursuing a direct claim, via a solicitor, for FULL compensation. Don't accept any payment at this time.

A FULL claim will include ALL the inconvenience etc that you have been caused. A good solicitor would get you a few thousand on this sort of issue. After all, think of all the taxis you've had to take, and the inconvenience you've been put to. Not to mention the hassle of being without your car, and the time you are having to spend sorting all this out.

WHATEVER you do. Don't accept any interim payment. By doing so, you will have been seen to have accepted  a lower offer in the long run.

USUALLY, the minute insurance companies start to see that a 'solicitor' is going to be involved, and that a FULL claim is going to be coming to them, they see sense, because, so long as you were not in any way to blame (as is patently clear in your case), THEY, not you, are going to get taken to the cleaners,  

Talk to your insurance company again. Keep it cool and polite, and then, if they are not listening to you, have a chat with a local solicitor to determine your best course of action.

I'm not advocating "compensation culture" here. There is a difference between that, and getting a fair deal on your damage.  (Now where DID I put that neck support)  Wink

Good luck with it. Keep us posted.
IP Logged
almar1

love the ultima !!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 18th, 2006, 9:08am »

sector 9 darren where is this helphire mate,can't find it!!
IP Logged
almar1

love the ultima !!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: May 18th, 2006, 10:29am »

darren found helphire,but can not help as iv'e already started to talk ti insurance company!! Sad
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.