Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 11:22am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« climate control question »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   climate control question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: climate control question  (Read 1279 times)
the_machine

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

climate control question
« on: May 19th, 2006, 11:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi guys and girls

hi Have a question on CC.

I get error 7 on the CC test, yet blower motor HBC seems to operate as it should.

also

the air distribution dial, well if you set it for air to your feet it works, but then if you set it to demist THEN - back to foot setting, you then get NO air to your feet UNTIL you turn it back fully anti-clockwise and then back to the foot setting.

its as though you have to reset it bak anti clockwise before it puts the air back to correct vents.

it does not seem to put air to the correct vents once you have turned it fully clockwise then back to the setting you want.

for example: (as this could sound complicated !!)

lets say i want air on my feet, ok so i start the car up and the dial is ALREADY set for footwell, ok, it works, i get air to footwell, but if on my journey i want a demist, that works and i get a demist BUT (heres where it goes wrong) i now TURN IT BACK TO FEET and NO air comes out, it just stays on demist (it seems) or it goes off demist and not on to feet (like its in limbo)

BUT if you take the dial right the way back to face vents setting( fully anti clockwise) then BACK to footwell setting it works again.

HAVE TRIED RE-SET

get error code 7 , yet as i said HBC is fine
IP Logged
Mummra

Mummra-the-ever -living

View Profile Email

Re: climate control question
« Reply #1 on: May 19th, 2006, 11:52am »

Hi have you tried calibrating the control unit.

Procedure

1. Run the engine.

2. Turn the blower switch and the air distribution switch as far left as they will go.

3. Simultaneously press the buttons for "Recirculated Air" and "A/C" for about 10 seconds until the code"00" appears on the passenger side LCD.

4. Select code "50" using the passenger side temperature control switch.

5. Press the "Recirculated Air" button until the code "00" appears.

6. Simultaneously press the buttons for "Recirculated Air" and "A/C" for about 10 seconds until the code "00" appears on the passenger side LCD. After this step the initialisation process is complete and the adjustment is finished.

Dave
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 19th, 2006, 12:43pm »

If you get error code 7 & the HBC is fine then I would suspect the control panel itself.
I had a similar problem & found that cleaning the potentimeters with some switch cleaner seemed to do the trick.
IP Logged
the_machine

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 20th, 2006, 2:55am »

thank you guys. have tried the calibration.
but it seems ok , its just if you turn all the way clockwise then back the other way it goes wrong.

strange. i cant understand the logic in it.
something is trying to do something somewhere
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 20th, 2006, 11:57am »

Could be a mechanical fault within the air distribution system.  As you know, small motors move the various air flaps into position to direct air-flow where it is needed.  Over time these flaps can become stiff and might prove too much for the motors unless they 'get a run up' - possibly why setting a different position first before selecting it works.  Presumably this is why the SATC is reporting an error - the motor cannot move to the requested position.

Maybe I'm just talking rubbish?  In either case I don't think HBC faults are always down to the fan speed controller.

Darren
IP Logged
the_machine

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 22nd, 2006, 7:34am »

on May 20th, 2006, 11:57am, sector-9 wrote:
Could be a mechanical fault within the air distribution system.  As you know, small motors move the various air flaps into position to direct air-flow where it is needed.  Over time these flaps can become stiff and might prove too much for the motors unless they 'get a run up' - possibly why setting a different position first before selecting it works.  Presumably this is why the SATC is reporting an error - the motor cannot move to the requested position.

Maybe I'm just talking rubbish?  In either case I don't think HBC faults are always down to the fan speed controller.

Darren

thanks darren

sounds logical
only thing, hell i bet they aint easy to get to

oh no !

well they def dont work
and i get error 57

you have to move the dial around before you get air to your feet

then its ok for a while till next journey
 i may try swapping the cc unit from my other vehicle
IP Logged
DJWerkz

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 22nd, 2006, 9:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I had excatly the same error code and from previous experience of changing the heater matrix knew that someone (previous owner) had messed up the passenger rear fixings for the motor switch.

As my battery failed recently I decided it was time to remove the complete dash assembly and do some electrical work I have been putting off and take a closer look at the heater box.

Heater box was completely destroyed on the rear, have no idea what the previous owner was trying to do but had to remove it and replace.  New heater box is now in and I am just starting to connect all the electrics up again.

Getting a new high-ppower battery from GM so should know within a week or so whether all this work has fixed the 57 error code.

I did also replace the HBC because I was told this error coded was specifically for that.  Kept my old one just in case it was just down to the broken heater box and non-working motor switch.
IP Logged
Penguin

Scorpio Owner 12/05 - 7/07

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: May 22nd, 2006, 11:53am »

Mine's been showing error 57 on and off for the entire time I've had the car with only one tiny fault actually being apparent:

If the heater is on and then temperature is lowered on the console, hot air is still blown out passenger side unless you take it down to LO until it blows cold air then return it to the same position as the driver's side.  

Weird one but not worth the cost of a new HBC to fix.  So bear in mind the "HBC Not Working" fault (7 or 57) may not indicate massive problems.  

Cheers

Penguin
IP Logged
Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: May 22nd, 2006, 12:42pm »

Mine gets from time to time the 57 error. I think it may have something to do with the worn potentiometer, because when i select the speed of the fan or the auto function, sometimes it stops for a second and - - apears.....I'll try to change the potentiometer, but some other time.
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
DJWerkz

Email

« Reply #9 on: May 22nd, 2006, 4:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Mine was just blowing out hot air all the time just on the passenger side, but I put that down to the 'butchered' motor switch mounting.
IP Logged
the_machine

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: May 22nd, 2006, 10:23pm »

on May 22nd, 2006, 11:53am, Penguin wrote:
Mine's been showing error 57 on and off for the entire time I've had the car with only one tiny fault actually being apparent:

If the heater is on and then temperature is lowered on the console, hot air is still blown out passenger side unless you take it down to LO until it blows cold air then return it to the same position as the driver's side.  

Weird one but not worth the cost of a new HBC to fix.  So bear in mind the "HBC Not Working" fault (7 or 57) may not indicate massive problems.  

Cheers

Penguin

hi penguin

yes similar to my fault but mine is vent not heat.

so what do we reckon everyone? sticking motors??
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: May 23rd, 2006, 11:02pm »

Well my brother has the problem on his Renault Laguna (yeah, I know - French electrics).  But we also had the same problem on a 4yr old company Toyota Avensis which would only blow air out of the windscreen vent - if I reached up under the dash and 'helped' the motor & linkages it would then move to the correct position itself.

I think HBC refers to the air-distribution/heater assembly rather than the fan speed controller itself..?

Darren
IP Logged
the_machine

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jun 20th, 2006, 12:12am »

FIXED !!!!!!! - i removed the 3 screws holding on the 'stepper' motor on passenger side, took the motor off. this motor controls the flaps for directing the air. I FOUND A SCREW JAMMED IN THE GEARS !!! i reckon the butchers who fitted the aftermarket radio let it fall down and it landed in the plastic gearhousing of the vent control motor !! NO WONDER I COULD NOT GET PROPER FUNCTION !!!

ALL OK NOW !!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.