Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 4:28am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Remote works for 2 days then...!!! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Remote works for 2 days then...!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Remote works for 2 days then...!!!  (Read 297 times)
km449

Email

Remote works for 2 days then...!!!
« on: May 19th, 2006, 7:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Replaced batteries, cleaned the contacts, and for 2 days all 3 buttons worked perfectly.

Now it won't unlock with the button but will always lock the car, and will also always release the tailgate.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Keith
IP Logged
bizzay1

1997 Cosworth Saloon

View Profile

Re: Remote works for 2 days then...!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 19th, 2006, 7:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I had the same and then remembered reading somewhere on this site that if you cleaned the contacts and both sides of the batteries with a pencil rubber, then re-programmed the remote it worked perfectly - and it did !! (well it's been working for a week anyways)

hth
IP Logged
km449

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 19th, 2006, 7:38pm »

Thanks for that. That's exactly what I did, the contacts were black before I took the rubber to them.

As I say, for 2 days it was great and then --- grrrrrrr!
IP Logged
Mummra

Mummra-the-ever -living

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: May 19th, 2006, 7:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I had a very similar problem with my remote, the conductive coating on the buttons actually perishes away so the button will not work. I have seen several fixes on the site for this problem, ranging sticking tin foil to the buttons to sticking the conductive pad from a TV remote to the button. I bought some conductive paint to repair mine which works OK, not cheap but definately works. The tin foil trick also works very well but does not last very long. One thing I would suggest though is when doing the repair, dismantle the remote, remove the keypad and then re-assamble whithout the keypad whilst you do the necessary repair this should allow you time to repair without having to re-programme.

Dave
IP Logged
km449

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 19th, 2006, 8:54pm »

Guys

Attached a piece of the conductive button from a freebie unused radio and, fingers crossed, it works like a dream (so far!)

The "on off 4 times, beep, press unlock on remote, then switch off, beep" works first time for me too .

Thanks to you all for your advice - much appreciated!

Keith
IP Logged
km449

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 24th, 2006, 8:24pm »

Here I am again!! The unlock is now the only one that works! For a few days ALL was fine and I had that smugness of those who's remotes always work (ie everyone except me!) but it was to be a short lived love affair
With it only unlocking from the passenger side key wise I can see a drivers side lock rebuild coming on!
Beginning to understand how Basil Fawlty felt with that Austin 1100 and beating it with a branch!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.