Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 25th, 2024, 12:37am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« ABS Code C1175... HELP !!!!! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   ABS Code C1175... HELP !!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ABS Code C1175... HELP !!!!!  (Read 4294 times)
Dave2302

2006 Mercedes S55 AMG, Retired Barefoot Waterskier

View Profile Email

ABS Code C1175... HELP !!!!!
« on: May 23rd, 2006, 9:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well This ones gonna be a saga I fear.  I never get straightforward problems they are always a B nightmare!!  24V 1996 ultima estate, fully loaded even got parking sensors and it all worked when I bought it two months ago, 1 owner B4 me, Full Ford History 100k miles. Been absolutely fine apart from since I bought it....  has had new rollbar links, rollbar bushes, waterpump, trackrod end and full service in last 2months plus a few bulbs around the dash, switches, interior mirror etc. FMD loves me!!!!  I'm a retired Auto box man and like my cars right but at least I get 55% discount LOL !!  By now Im getting P'd off with this car though.  Been bashing it up north and back a few times, (300 mile round trip), last time I'm almost home and approaching Dartford tunnel toll booth no fault lights on, and as I pull up at booth just as I get from about 5 to 0 mph the abs goes BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and on comes the traction and abs lamps... Dry road, didnt brake hard.  Payed the toll and drove 2 miles home.  Scanned the b****r, got  C1175 (nsr wheel sensor code).  Fitted a brand new one, made no difference. (The lights occasionally go out and all works ok, but more often than not they are on). This was a week ago and its got worse, lights up all the time now.  My mate works for FMD as workshop foreman and says fit new NSF fuse box, which I did today, still no change.  So I get the wiring diagram, the plug for the speed sensor is under the back seat, no more connections until the ABS Pack under bonnet OSF inner wing.  So I remove plug from ABS controller, check resistances of all speed sensors, all showing OK, then undo plug from new sensor underseat and its resistance disappears.  Nothing I wouldnt expect, so we deduce the ABS pump/ controller chebang is naffed, my mate the foreman says he has a good secondhand one which he is sure is good, so I nick it, fit it, bleed it and road test it.  Bo**oc*s its still exactly the same and same code.  Now I call up the live data on all 4 wheel speeds, and find the nearside rear is fine and accurate from 140mph right down to 7mph when the speed signal drops to 0 while the other 3 wheels go 6,5,4,3,2,1,0 in harmony.  So I remove the new sensor, make sure it is seated correctly and clean and check the teeth on the rear Driveshaft CV Joint.  Also I check the rear wheel bearing by heaving it every which way, no play whatsoever.  So has anyone ever come across this, or do you reckon I have 2 ABS controllers with the same fault cos thats the way im thinking right now.  Oh by the way Ive also had the underbonnet controller plug apart and checked / cleaned it !!  Dave
IP Logged

Dave "The 'ol Bear" ex Footer !
Dave2302

View Profile Email

Re: ABS Code C1175
« Reply #1 on: May 23rd, 2006, 9:52pm »

Angry Angry Cry Cry
IP Logged

scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 23rd, 2006, 10:04pm »

hi there

what version of abs do you have?

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/abssystem.htm
IP Logged
Dave2302

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: May 23rd, 2006, 10:18pm »

Hi, thanks for the link, have read it, my light stays on from initial start up, how do I tell which system I have and I did reset it with my scanner after each tried repair but to no avail the same code keeps coming back, gonna walk down workshop and see if the pump is labbelled, back in 5
IP Logged

sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 23rd, 2006, 10:27pm »

Have you ruled out the wiring between the sensor and the ABS module?  If the sensor is behaving exactly the same as the others (measured at the wiring connector nearest the sensor), but the ECU is seeing a different signal then it could be a fault in the wiring.  I'm not sure what type of fault it would be but if it's the one thing that's remained the same when the others have been changed then logically that's what it must be...

Darren
IP Logged
Dave2302

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: May 23rd, 2006, 10:35pm »

Thanks Darren, but as I said I have verified the wiring front to rear and it appears to be intact.  The controller / pump assembly does not say what type it is but the part numbers on both are Identical and as follows :- ATE Controller DE1
       95 GB - 2C013 - BB     A426G
       10.0945 - 0101.3   3X3881

can we tell what version it is from these numbers ? If its the later one does it have to be reset at FMD or should my (bang up to date) Snap on Scanner software be able to reset it.  The scanner says it is resetting, and the lights flicker but come staraight back on, and the same fault keeps appearing.
IP Logged

sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 23rd, 2006, 10:56pm »

If the warning lights come back on straight away, even without the car being moved then either one or more sensor is faulty, the wiring between the sensors and ABS module, or possibly bad power feed or earth to the module itself.

The easiest way to test the wiring between the rear sensor and ABS module is to bypass it altogether (make up a temporary connection using new wire) and see if the same fault remains.  As you have replaced the wheel sensor and ABS module then there isn't much more in the circuit to go through except checking power and earth...

Darren
IP Logged
Dave2302

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: May 23rd, 2006, 11:04pm »

yep, thanks Darren, Will be checking the power and earth circuits tommorrow and will also get the original controller tested by BBA as they are only 15 mins drive from me.  I am however convinced that the sensors and their associated wiring are ok due to all the checking and replacing I have done today.  Will report back after a few more hours of work on it tommorrow.  Many thanks for the inspiration and help, Dave
IP Logged

Dave2302

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: May 24th, 2006, 8:34am »

Well I knew this was gonna be a saga !!  Went out in car at 7 am this morning, started it up ABS and Traction control lamps stayed on, then as I drove off did about 50 yards and they both went out.  ABS and Traction control was then fully functional.  Drove 18 miles no problem.  Switched off, spent 15 mins away from car, came back started it up lights came back on.  Switched off and they reset only to come on again once car exceeds 17 mph.  Now lights ar up all the time again.  I have also replaced Fuses 16,17,27,46 & 47 for brand new ones (tested these too).  I can only find the main multiplug on the ABS unit on the inner wing, cannot find another on the inner wing as mentioned in bulletin, also Scorpio wiring diagram does not show any other plugs.  Gonna ring BBA now to see if they can test the Pump unit which came off the car, cos I really cannot see how this is a wiring fault when I can see the resistance of all sensors at the main multiplug, and they dissappear when I unplug them from their respective connectors. Any ideas Huh??
IP Logged

Dave2302

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: May 24th, 2006, 6:19pm »

Well the faults are still there, but I have taken the original pump / control unit to BBS in Gillingham to be checked out.  Will wait now to see what they say as Ive a load of other stuff to be doing.  Will post the results / fix when I find it.  Does anyone have the pin information for the ABS controller multiplug as the only ones I know are the speed sensor terminals, but I would like to check out the other terminals..... presumably Batt +, Ignition Signal +, and Earths plus a few more ??
IP Logged

Mummra

Mummra-the-ever -living

View Profile Email

Re: ABS Code C1175... HELP !!!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 24th, 2006, 8:21pm »

Hi Dave

Any chance you could give me the pin wiring for the ABS controller multiplug to the sensors, as I have a fault with my ABS light on all the time. I have checked the sensors, but I am going to check the wiring back to the plug.

Cheers
Dave
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: May 24th, 2006, 9:18pm »

hi there

the 2.3 in this photo has the newer mk 2.0 version of the abs.

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/technical.htm
IP Logged
Mummra

Mummra-the-ever -living

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: May 24th, 2006, 9:32pm »

Hi no worries on the wiring, I have found the wiring diagrams for the ABS, they can be found here.

http://www.carsoft.ru/avtorepair/sierra_el.html

Dave
IP Logged
Dave2302

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: May 25th, 2006, 11:04am »

Thanks for those 2 links guys, I have the earlier type ABS / Traction Ctrl as per the 24 valve photos. I havent heard from BBA yet regarding test on the original module, but they did say they were busy so may be next week. Now I know all the pins for the multiplug I can check my supplys and earths, although I'm not too optimistic as I would have thought this would  cause my system to flag more than one sensor as faulty.  The only other thing I haven't checked, is if one of my Left Rear sensor wires in the loom is intermittantly earthing, i.e. chaffed wire, so will test for this also.  This would cause the signal from the speed sensor to be lost, thus the code.....hmmmm....will report back later.  Cheers Dave
IP Logged

Dave2302

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Jun 13th, 2006, 6:48pm »

Well, the module came back from BBS with no faults found !!!  Have checked the wiring to sensor cannot find a problem.  Sent the car into paint shop last week for bumpers and bonnet to be done and they have had it a week with battery disconnected.  Car has come back with no ABS or Traction faults, now all working perfectly, and I have done about 150 miles so far!!!!!  I reckon the software in these cars different E C units all conflicts at times, there just never seems to be a period where everything electrical all works at the same time and most of the time the scanner reveals codes for units which are just not faulty !!!!
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.