Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 6:17pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 5% Burns »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   5% Burns
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 5% Burns  (Read 297 times)
Ultima

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

5% Burns
« on: Jun 4th, 2006, 10:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've got a 95 Ultima V6 estate (auto) and I noticed steam coming from my bonnet on Wednesday morning. pulled up and a few seconds after I opened the bonnet the top came off the header tank spraying my left arm with superhot water. OUCH! I've had problems with coolant loss since I got the car but the temperature never went above the middle of the gauge. This time it was well into the red and there must've been some ridiculous pressure to blow the cap off, even if it were loose. I'm assuming this points to a head gasket problem but wondered if you had any other suggestions. The result by the way was an afternoon in hospital and most of the night waiting for the ** to send out the RIGHT kind of recovery truck. I guess I'm quite lucky in that I don't need skin grafts but my left forearm has very little skin on it and hurts like hell!

Also, my battery recently ran flat due to a recurring electrical fault and now my airbag light flashes at me. Should I be worried or is this just something that needs resetting and if so how do I do this?
IP Logged

2.9 12v Scorpio Ultima Estate
landbarge

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: 5% Burns
« Reply #1 on: Jun 4th, 2006, 10:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sorry to hear about your arm; a warning to us all.

I had a recurring flat battery and had it checked.  Everything ok but I accepted the replacemnt battery.  This new one flatted as before.  The alternator on the Scorp, if faulty, will drain the life out of the battery very quickly so the guys who replaced it informed me.  Mine was not the first to have this problem.  Replacement alternator (fitted) and picked up on the back of a truck - total cost £120 all in.

The flashing airbag symbol can be diagnosed by looking through the excellent guide on this website.  The sequence of the repeating flashes indicates the location of the problem.  Be very careful when messing with the airbag or seatbelt pretensioners as they have explosives in them!

My problem was a single flash repeated.  This was the drivers airbag.  Other associated problems developed - no horn and erratic cruise control.  The problem was the clockspring.  A more detailed description is found on the 'Advice to others' section on this Forum.  It may help.  Good luck.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.