Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 25th, 2024, 2:35am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« No CC, 4th gear, indicators or kickdown »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   No CC, 4th gear, indicators or kickdown
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: No CC, 4th gear, indicators or kickdown  (Read 658 times)
Ultima

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

No CC, 4th gear, indicators or kickdown
« on: Jun 10th, 2006, 7:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Since having a new rad fitted I have no indicators, no cruise control, no kickdown and no 4th gear (V6 12v Ultima estate 1995 N) I'm assuming that when they had the underpan off they knocked a wire on the gearbox, is it that simple or does that point to further problems? It goes all the way to the limiter in 3rd (in D or 3) but won't go into 4th. I can drive it as a manual to get 1st but D just gives what I assume is 2nd and 3rd. This is frustrating as I've just done a 200 mile journey and my fuel consumption suffered a lot (and I'm skint at the moment). Any ideas? Is it likely to be a wire that's been knocked or is it more serious? How about indicators? (hazards work!) How about Cruise Control? (Again my fuel economy has suffered)

Not really having much luck with this car. My arm's feeling a bit better now though, bandages are off and its smothered in sunblock. (see 5% burns)
IP Logged

2.9 12v Scorpio Ultima Estate
Atlantic_blue

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: No CC, 4th gear, indicators or kickdown
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10th, 2006, 8:03pm »

Either they have dislodged wires to the Vss or the vss unit itself is u/s.

IP Logged
solarpanel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10th, 2006, 8:54pm »

or the wiring near the rad told by trans man to look at that with mine
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 10th, 2006, 9:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Maybe I'm missing something here, but if it was me, I'd be taking it back to where the work was done, and getting THEM to sort it out.
If it was all OK when you took it in, and it's now NOT OK, then clearly somebody has done something that they shouldn't have done, and if that includes knocking wires off etc, it doesn't say much about their workmanship.

Yet again, I now know why I do ALL my own repairs.

These so called repair/garage places routinely leave you with more problems than they solve, and i have little faith in any of them.

Take it Back!   Angry
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 10th, 2006, 9:45pm »

Agree

Last time I let my FMD near my scorp, I got it back with a racing idle, no speedo and no reverse lights.

(This was their third attempt at changing the head gasket. First attempt: got it back leaking just as much as it did before. Second attempt: head was okay, but the exhaust manifold gasket was leaking.)
Oh, and they said they'd changed the thermostat, but they obviously didn't. Car just wouldn't get up to temp, but after changing it myself, it gets warm in a couple of minutes.

Tried getting them to take it in again to fix what they clearly had damaged, but no "it happens" was their response. Didn't want to have anything to do with the car.

After that I've done everything myself, and I don't go to my FMD for parts if I can avoid it. People like that doesn't deserve my money.
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jun 10th, 2006, 10:15pm »

FMD let the the 17 year old YTS guys loose on any old Ford that is taken in as they are no longer under warrantee....cash job & a bit of a challenge.
A bit like medical students standing around a corpse Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Ultima

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jun 26th, 2006, 6:10pm »

on Jun 10th, 2006, 8:54pm, solarpanel wrote:
or the wiring near the rad told by trans man to look at that with mine

Where is this wiring? I'm loath to take it back to the garage cos they just tried to charge me £300 to fix something that they agreed to fix when I bought the car. They're a bunch of cowboys and I don't expect it to come back fixed. Every time its been in its come back worse, their bodging was responsible for me getting 2nd degree burns on my arm.  Angry
I've since noticed when they put the Rad fans back on they didn't secure the wires and one of them has worn through from touching a pulley. Is this likely to be the cause of the CC and gearbox problems? I doubt it but its worth a try. Getting sick of driving round in traffic and having to keep the heater on full just so my car doesn't boil.
IP Logged

solarpanel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jun 26th, 2006, 7:14pm »

across the front of the car near rad.
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jun 26th, 2006, 10:17pm »

Remove and refit the large multi-plug going into the driver's side fusebox.  I don't think it'll fix all your problems but when I bought my car the front indicators wouldn't work but the hazards did.  Also the front lights wouldn't come on.

As yours is the 12V v6 engine you can test the cooling fans quite simply by unplugging the switch on the side of the radiator and bridging two of the 4 pins at a time.  Fans should come on at one of two speeds depending on which pins you've bridged.

For you to have so many seemingly unrelated faults I'd be checking for an earth wire which has been broken off it's body mounting tag or something similar.  The auto box on the 12V isn't as complicated as that on the Cossie as the engine ECU doesn't have much involvement in it...

Darren
IP Logged
Ultima

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jun 30th, 2006, 9:32pm »

Going on Honeymoon so will have to wait til I get back but thanks for the advice. Will keep you posted.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.