Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 9th, 2024, 1:24am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Help Please !! What a crock!! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Help Please !! What a crock!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Help Please !! What a crock!!  (Read 444 times)
Dave2302

2006 Mercedes S55 AMG, Retired Barefoot Waterskier

View Profile Email

Help Please !! What a crock!!
« on: Jun 15th, 2006, 4:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

After spending time trying to sort the electrical gremlins on my "immaculate one owner full history 90k Cossie estate", and after having spent a wad replacing bits that the scanner said were duff I finally inspected the engine bay loom.  Horror !!! All the insulation was falling off it, so I did a temp repair to the wires down by the plugs on the OSF inner wing up as far as the corner of the head where it dissappears under the coil pack.  Lo and behold the car has driven perfectly for a few days, better in fact than I can ever remember.  I noticed that the wiring was cracking up under the coils but thought, I'll get a price for a new loom and replace it when I come off holiday.  (going tommorrow but not in the Scorp thank god.).  Gremlin 85674 returned today in the form of erratic speedo gearbox and trip computer but I know it isnt the speed sensor cos I changed that Monday !!!  So the wiring loom is obviously completely U/S.  Went into Fords today, only to be told its £1600 quid mate but no longer available. So effectively, even if I wanted to spend 1.6k on a loom I cant.  Does anyone know if there is a firm out there who supply them ?  Has anyone got one they'd sell, pref off a post June 96 car ?  I'd even settle for a dead one and rebuild it myself, but I dont want to take mine off and have a car stuck in the workshop that I cant move while I spend ages of precious spare time re- building the loom.  Can anyone plz help Huh  Angry Cry Cry Cry Angry
IP Logged

Dave "The 'ol Bear" ex Footer !
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

Re: Help Please !! What a crock!!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15th, 2006, 4:16pm »

They do come up on here and on ebay now and again, put a request on the parts wanted section, you might be lucky
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 15th, 2006, 6:06pm »

The time it takes to take off and refit a loom is not much less than repairing the existing one so unless time really is precious you'd be best off repairing what you've got - after all, a s/h replacement may have hidden damage too.  In fact, using the existing loom and just repairing or replacing sections in-situ will mean you can still use the car without having to do the whole lot in one go - not something you can do if you've physically removed the lot!

Darren
IP Logged
howiedintheplace

Based near Evesham

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 15th, 2006, 9:56pm »

£1600 Huh They have quoted you the wrong part. That sounds like the main loom for the car.
It should be about £350 & they seem to be avaiable one day then not the next & then again a month later. Very odd?

If I was you I would make plans to have the car off the road for a week & rebuild a new loom.
Cost maybe £20 & then no more worries as the worse bit is probably in the V of the engine.
IP Logged

Dave
Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 16th, 2006, 1:16pm »

I asked my ford dealer for that specific part, they said that it could be brought by a special order and the price will be the stagering sum of 2500 euros  Lips Sealed. I told that mate of mine at FMD that i will buy a roll of wire insulator  Tongue
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.