Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 5:21pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Well I've gorn and done it now!! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Well I've gorn and done it now!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Well I've gorn and done it now!!  (Read 619 times)
bonnietiler

Sense of humour .... Essential!

View Profile

Well I've gorn and done it now!!
« on: Jun 18th, 2006, 9:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You may recall, the MOT failure on the 2.3 Ultima estate...for the welding of the rear subframe? Well, I been and bought a 77k 2 owner from new black Cosworth estate with full Ford main dealer service history...WHAT have I done??!! Gord but it's beautiful, and all the way back to Sunny Manchester from Hastings...28mpg....impressed I am....Sadly the old Ultima 2.3 will have to go now....perfect gearbox...engine uses NO oil...never has....4 x 12 spoke alloys with nearly new Goodyear F1 Eagles..mint interior..If I can't get £500 for it I shall keep it as spares for the Cosworth...wheels and tyres must be worth £300 alone..what do you think?
IP Logged
tommy1340millar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: Well I've gorn and done it now!!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18th, 2006, 12:25pm »

on Jun 18th, 2006, 9:55am, bonnietiler wrote:
You may recall, the MOT failure on the 2.3 Ultima estate...for the welding of the rear subframe? ....Sadly the old Ultima 2.3 will have to go now....perfect gearbox...engine uses NO oil...never has....4 x 12 spoke alloys with nearly new Goodyear F1 Eagles..mint interior..If I can't get £500 for it I shall keep it as spares for the Cosworth...wheels and tyres must be worth £300 alone..what do you think?

unfortunately, unless someone buys it to do the welding and keep the car, it's only £100 worth of scrap.
Either break it yourself and sell off the parts, or like you said, keep it for spares.
I'm not being nasty, but (and it's happened to me, and probably many others here) YOU know the car, you know what it's worth to you - but would you pay £500 for a car which couldn't pass an mot without the thick end of £350 worth of work needing done, when it might not be worth £850 (+cost of mot and any other little jobs needed) when it's fixed?
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 19th, 2006, 11:17pm »

I'll give you twenty quid for it and tow it away!  Grin

Darren
IP Logged
bonnietiler

Sense of humour .... Essential!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20th, 2006, 7:50am »

Do you know if I hadn't just been offered £300 for the wheels and tyres alone........
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.