Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 9th, 2024, 3:16am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Air Con/Heating Problem »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Air Con/Heating Problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Air Con/Heating Problem  (Read 391 times)
josswallace

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

Air Con/Heating Problem
« on: Jun 20th, 2006, 6:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have an air con/heating problem that I need to solve before the winter.

I have a 1995 12 valve Ultima which could have a problem with the temprature control module/outside sensor that is mentioned on the site.

The air con reset does not work and the temprature does not appear to be able to get above about 20/21 when it is really cold outside. The pipe from the heater matrix appears to be the same temprature as the inlet pipe but I don't know whether one can assume taht the mateix is OK.

I don't really know where to start with this problem but I have had a repalcement facia module installed so am reasonably confident that the air con reset is not just a connection problem

Any ideas would be appreciated.
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

Re: Air Con/Heating Problem
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 12:02am »

Assuming the flap motors on the air distribution unit are all okay and moving fine then it's likely that the matrix itself is the problem (blocked internally).

IIRC you can tell by setting the temp. to maximum then turning off the blower and waiting a few minutes.  Turn the blower on (but not to auto position) and observe the vent temps.  If they start off nice and hot but rapidly cool then it probably is the matrix.

Darren
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Re: Air Con/Heating Problem
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 12:50am »

If both matrix inlet & outlet pipes are the same (hot) temperature as all the other cooling system pipes then the matrix is probably fine. A matrix blockage would cause a cool outlet pipe & the inlet pipe would be hot where it leaves the engine & gradually feel cooler as it reaches the matrix.
If the matrix is restricted (rust, gunge etc) then as Sector-9 says turning the blower on full will cool the matrix quickly as there isn't alot of water flowing through it & the air will blow cold. Also the outlet pipe will go cold.
If you suspect the matrix then flush it with a hose pipe backwards & forwards until you get a good flow of water. Hopefully this will clear it.  
I recently had to replace my matrix & it's a job I never want to have to do again.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.