Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 25th, 2024, 1:49pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« No double locking »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   No double locking
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: No double locking  (Read 372 times)
mazzy_j

View Profile

No double locking
« on: Jul 4th, 2006, 9:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Since getting my clutch done last week the double locking on my car has stopped working  Sad If i do the usual turn the key to the left and then to the right i can hear the locks cycle once, but not again as they should. The indicators do the double flash as per normal. Same thing happens if i try and use the remote.

I've noticed that the red led on the dashboard is on permanently whilst driving around. Also, the car doesn't seem to recognise that when the bonnet is open the little red warning light on the dash doesn't illuminate as it used to.

Any ideas to what it could be?

Thanks, Matt
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: No double locking
« Reply #1 on: Jul 4th, 2006, 9:42am »

Matt, unless I've misunderstood this haven't you answered your own question?. It surely sounds like the bonnet switch has been disturbed during the work on the car. If ALL switches aren't activated the second,alarm,phase won't set up.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 4th, 2006, 9:50am »

Try examining   the bonnet  switch.  I'm  surprised  that the alarm  doesn't  activate  when you  lock  the car  though.

I had this problem with the boot switch.
IP Logged
mazzy_j

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 4th, 2006, 1:50pm »

I've just had a word with one of the lads who helped do the clutch and he said he saw that the switch was sticking and fiddled with it (even though it had been working fine). So i would suspect its the switch. I'll nick one of one of me other cars and see what happens....

Matt
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 8th, 2006, 11:21pm »

Any luck so far?  Mine has just failed in exactly the same way.  I don't think it's the bonnet switch though - the LED doesn't flash at all if I disconnect it then lock the doors with the remote.  With it connected the LED flashes away merrily and the alarm sounds a few seconds after releasing the switch.  Was working last night but since having the a/c regassed it's playing up.  Don't think they've touched anything though; I was present the whole time apart from 5 minutes answering the phone.

Wonder if maybe I've got a faulty deadlock motor?  Hope not, might try disconnecting the battery for a while to see if that cures it...

Darren
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 9th, 2006, 12:05am »

Fixed it!  Matt, open the boot and check that the red button on the inertia switch is pressed down fully.  On petrol engines this switch cuts off the fuel pump, however it has a secondary function on all Scorpios to disable deadlocking (where fitted) in a collision; otherwise you won't be able to get out!  Once triggered the doors can still be locked but the deadlocking won't work and the LED will be on all the time whilst driving (diesels only - petrols ones simply won't start).

Darren
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 9th, 2006, 12:44pm »

I  just   hope the  clutch  fitters  haven't    dunted   your car  Lips Sealed  as   the  cut-off  

switch  sometimes  can    be   activated    by   a   small   impact. Huh

IP Logged
mazzy_j

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jul 10th, 2006, 10:34am »

Just remembered to reply to this. Darren, i found out that it was the cut off switch purely by chance. I was getting something out of the boot and noticed out the corner of my eye the little red button had popped out. Pushed it back in, locked the car and all was fine again  Smiley Though the bonnet light on the dash no longer lights up now  Undecided Probably just needs a new bulb.

Matt
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.