Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 25th, 2024, 4:01pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« ABS bugs.... »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   ABS bugs....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ABS bugs....  (Read 217 times)
seanrach

More Power, More tax, MORE FUN.......

View Profile Email

ABS bugs....
« on: Jul 17th, 2006, 8:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi guys, been having a few gremlins with my 24v cossie.
the abs light and traction lights came on whilst driving. Been on about a month now and was enough for it to fail its MOT. Had it on a computer which at first recorded a pump motor fault, the guy resetthis and tried it again. It always passes the initial start up test and the lights go out but after driving only a tiny while the lights are back. It now records no fault off the computer now though. was going to attempt to change the pump and motor myself but am a bit dubious. Has anyone out there got any advice or could recommend a good abs garage for me, black country area preferable... cheers Cry Cry Huh Huh
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

Re: ABS bugs....
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17th, 2006, 10:25pm »

If the lights only come on when car is moving then it's almost certainly a faulty wheel sensor/wiring or some dirt interfering with the signal.  Usually rear sensor if the TC light comes on as well.

Search this forum for ABS faults posted in the last 28 days and you should find plenty of discussion and fault finding tips.

Darren
IP Logged
hellblue

Ill have silver,it dries just as fast !

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 17th, 2006, 10:57pm »

As sector-9 said abs & tc use the rear wheel sensors so start there the system passed the key on self check so the abs block etc must be ok a good garage should be able to check the rear wheel sensors for you so ask if they can befor you leave them the car,( the conectors for the sensors are under the rear seat)
IP Logged

Gary
seanrach

More Power, More tax, MORE FUN.......

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18th, 2006, 8:42pm »

Ive had the car put onto a diagnostic test. the computer reads no faults, each sensor gave a percentage reading. Although as the car wasnt moving the readings were 0% but the guy told me this was because the car wasnt moving and that was normal. I had initially read the abs diagnostic on this website and at first suspected the rear sensors, now im totally baffled!!! Huh Huh
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.