Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 25th, 2024, 8:52pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Autobox...... »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Autobox......
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Autobox......  (Read 436 times)
Sturdybloke

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Autobox......
« on: Jul 25th, 2006, 3:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Afternoon. As all on here know that the Scorpio has a  problem with the autobox that Ford fitted (the problem being that it breaks easily  NoNo  Sad ) to the car. Now having thought that the underpinnings of the car are much the same as the Mk 3 Granada and the Sierra would it be possible to put the old 3 speed Ford C3 box from a early Mk1 Sierra or a A4LD box from a later model Sierra or Granada into the Scorpio. Physically the box would fit into the transmission tunnel and fit onto the back of most of the engines in the Scorpio as in wisdom Ford have kept the bolt pattern on the bellhousings and the block the same since the late 60's, however as my dads Scorp is the non Ford Diesel powered one im wondering if the box would fit up without a adaptor plate (having said that one would be fitted already to fit the current MT75 onto the VM engine right?).  

Ive spent so much on this Scorp that I dont want to go out and buy a auto Scorp with a gearbox that will go BANG so I would rather convert mine to the the older mechanical type box as my dad is starting to find driving the manual box painfull as its a medical condition (arthritis in the fingers and left arm) that causes pain after a hour or so of driving. Any opinions? - Craig.
IP Logged

1995 Scorpio ultima 2.5 TD manual in red.
hellblue

Ill have silver,it dries just as fast !

View Profile

Re: Autobox......
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25th, 2006, 11:08pm »

whats wrong with the A4LDE box? not a bad box for the most part .The swap would not be cheap & you would be best getting a donner car some things needed would be trans cooler, prop?,pipework,wiring/electronics,pedal box, gear shift etc,flex plate,diesel torque converter.C3 has no vss & no o/d which should be very nice to drive even if you find a good C3. It may be best to put your good bits onto an auto car & sell your one !!!Huh......................
IP Logged

Gary
howiedintheplace

Based near Evesham

View Profile Email

Re: Autobox......
« Reply #2 on: Jul 26th, 2006, 12:03am »

Huh
You want to fit a auto to a diesel, is that what your saying.

The strongest auto would be one from a 91 - 94 Granada Cosworth with the bell swaped for a diesel Scorp one.
Or just buy a late spec Scorpio diesel auto Wink

You can not use the bell housing from the MT-75.
IP Logged

Dave
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.