Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 25th, 2024, 10:11pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« M.O.T.    Double Checks!! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   M.O.T.    Double Checks!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: M.O.T.    Double Checks!!  (Read 292 times)
seanrach

More Power, More tax, MORE FUN.......

View Profile Email

M.O.T.    Double Checks!!
« on: Jul 30th, 2006, 8:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

First of all, Id like to say thanks to all of you who gave me advice, my car finally made it through the MOT. Cheesy Cheesy

Angry AngryHowever. It wasnt easy.
I was having problems with the ABS lights and traction lights coming on. After many weeks of fiddling about with it, I put new rear pads and abs sensors on it. Hey Presto JOB DONE. The failure note said abs light coming on and split steering rack gaitor. Having done both these jobs i took the car back to be retested.
  Because i was over the 10 day retest time, I had to pay for a full retest which wasnt a problem.
Every thing was going ok. The one bloke sat in the car, checked everything, brakes, emmisions lights etc. Then they Hoisted the car up checked underneath. Jacked up the front to check front bearing and steering. Everything was ok. Then they jacked up the rear.
HE must have jacked it up 3 foot to check the back wheels, but as he did the bloke in the car shouted to him the ABS light has come on. Shocked
When the car came down the light stayed on. I told the bloke that the traction light comes on with the ABS light and if the car was jacked up a good three foot while the car is running, then the light would come on. thay wernt having it and failed it AGAIN!!
I drove the car home. I got home, parked the car up and left it about an hour. I came out and was going to strip the back end down again, but as i got in the car to move it the ABS lights were off. I drove it round for a while and they were fine. I took it back to the MOT station where it then passed. I had major arguments with the MOT Tester, because he told me he failed it because the bloke inside the car told him that the lights were on all the time, when in fact they only came on when the rear of the car was jacked high. And in fact the car only needed time to resettle itself. I dont know alot about tractiion control or ABS but I know more than the MOT testers. So be warned, its been an experience. Shocked
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Re: M.O.T.    Double Checks!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30th, 2006, 10:21am »

Idiots... Roll Eyes that's all I can say.  
When I had mine tested (passed), the abs & traction control lights came on when they jacked it up, & the MOT guy told me it was normal for it to do this & the lights would go out next time I started it. He was right. Smiley
IP Logged
seanrach

More Power, More tax, MORE FUN.......

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30th, 2006, 5:34pm »

Roll EyesWell im glad some garages know that. You wouldnt beleive the hassle I had. Well at least its passed now. I Know not to use them again. Angry @
IP Logged
howiedintheplace

Based near Evesham

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30th, 2006, 11:08pm »

Yeap the light will come on sometimes if the car is jacked up.

Maybe looking to get a few quid from you Wink or something?

The tester is responsible for checking not his mate must have been a double act.
IP Logged

Dave
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.