Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 26th, 2024, 2:22am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« boot lock »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   boot lock
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: boot lock  (Read 584 times)
esex_tony

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

boot lock
« on: Aug 2nd, 2006, 7:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

my boot will only open when i put the key in the boot and turn the key ..
does anybody have any ideas why it does not open with the remote and pushing the lock in ..
it was woking fine till last month
IP Logged
Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

Re: boot lock
« Reply #1 on: Aug 2nd, 2006, 7:09pm »

Mine has exactly the same problem from when i bought the car, didn't know at the begining about that function, and i have learned to live without it, but sometimes i regret that i'm not able to open the boot by remote.  

As for a bit of guidance, you should check the electrical connector under the boot trim, a few plastic rivets, also check the wireing that goes into the boot, it has the nasty "pleasure" of beeing cut by the hinges, or be traped and cut under the backseats.

Cheers and good luck

PS: if you find out what is wrong maybe i'll fix mine to  Wink
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 2nd, 2006, 9:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I had this problem too, but since giving the seal round the boot a good clean with some neat Mr Muscle Kitchen Cleaner on a rag, letting it dry, and then rubbing some ordinary cheap talc into the rubber seals, it opens every time.
The seal was sticking most of the time. There was nothing wrong with the lock or the remote. I think the seal just hadn't had a good clean since the car was new.

Hope this helps you.  Smiley
IP Logged
tintin

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 3rd, 2006, 1:02pm »

i thought mine was not opening on the remote until i leant that you have to  "double-click" the remote to get it to unlock the boot......

still doesnt spring open (need to give the seals/hinges a grease), but unlocks now !!

hth
IP Logged

'95 Cosworth Ultima
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Aug 4th, 2006, 1:55am »

If you take the boot lock out & take out the lock barrel, you should be able to free up the push in button with a liberal spraying of 3in1 or WD40.  
Once the button is freely going in & out then apply a generous amount of grease to the whole barrel & a bit around the edge of the push in button.
That should stop it from seizing up again Smiley
IP Logged
Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 4th, 2006, 6:06am »

In my case i don't have any live wires in the boot, so no WD-40 for me.... Smiley
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Aug 26th, 2006, 11:24am »

The actual barrel is only held in by a 'forked'clip. See HERE. There is no info I can find relating to the tailgate lock itself. The wiper motor should be easy enough to remove if it is in the way.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
MichaelM

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Aug 30th, 2006, 12:20pm »

My tailgate lock is not held by a single split clip as illustrated unfortunately- it appears to be glued in or held by hidden fasteners. It is easy to remove the wiper mounting to make room to see and work and the back end of the lock comes back by removing a small split pin to remove the actuator disc and a large one to remove the spring and collar inside (which suggests that it ought to press in to unlock agiainst the spring). However there I came to a halt, nothing elso woulfd move. On replacing the trim I found over half the plastc screw retainers were missing so I'd be glad if someone can tell me where to source a supply of these. The same was true when I took out the dash, many fasteners had been left out, doubtless helpfully to make it easier for me to take it off this time. Huh
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.