Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 26th, 2024, 2:17am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« PATS Module transfer »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   PATS Module transfer
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: PATS Module transfer  (Read 407 times)
gdwalker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

PATS Module transfer
« on: Aug 24th, 2006, 1:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All,
Heres hoping someone can help me avoid a serious downfall !!
Acquired a 2 ltr 16V Scorp some time ago and spent considerable time and money restoring her to her former glory. Apart from minor bodywork to be fixed soon, I have a problem with the PATS system.
I.E. When deadlocking the doors the indicators don't flash, the RED led doesn't flash and I suspect that the engine is not immobilised. I/we (my mechanic and I), have swapped ignition coil etc and recoded the keys to suit and we are now preparing to swap the PATS module, CC module and EEC from my old scorp (for which I have the RED key, into the newer one. (I'm of the opinion that switching all 3 units that are configured to the keys, and worked perfectly, is the best course of action to take, unless they have lost the codes after been sat in the defunct car for 9 months, is this possible??)
Can any of you Scorpio wizards warn us of pitfalls and / or problems that we MIGHT encounter.
Thanks in advance.
Graeme Walker
IP Logged
pistonbroke

Email

Re: PATS Module transfer
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24th, 2006, 9:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Graeme,

Just a couple of thoughts.

The indicators don't have to flash, they need to be programmed to do that so it's not necessarily indicating Roll Eyes a fault.  

Have you eliminated the bonnet switch? When I bought my car the LED didn't flash either and it was because someone had unplugged the bonnet switch. Plugged it back in and it's been fine ever since. The switch itself is prone to corrosion so may be worth checking before going the PATS module route.

HTH,
Dave
IP Logged
Mummra

Mummra-the-ever -living

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24th, 2006, 10:17am »

Hi Graeme

I also had that same problem, which also turned out to be the bonnet switch, SEE HERE. The indicators flash to indicate the arming of the alarm, and the alarm will not arm if a door is open. The bonnet and boot switch are the most likely ones to fail, so worth checking them. Also as Pistonbroke says the flash function can be switched off, which I believe requires the FDS Equipment to re-enable it.

Dave
IP Logged
gdwalker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 31st, 2006, 11:04am »

CoolHi Guys,
Checked the bonnet sensor and it was fine.
Therefore moved foward and replaced the EECV module CC module and PATS off my old bus, and everything works hunky dorey, deadlocks, indictor flash warning, alarm, the car even starts (relief) and runs properly (so I'm told), rev count hold at 1500 when rolling and drops to 800 after 1 second stopped. This I never noticed at any time since I've had Scorps since 1999  Huh
The only thing not working and which will be a real b****r to change is the dashboard LED, which currently does nothing at any time.
I strongly suspect that this is US , probably as a result of some damage that occured before I had the vehicle (There was smoke damage to the console panel) from what, I dunno!. So next job, remove the dash, replace the LED with the one from the old bus (which works) and see what happens !!.
Then I'll concentrate on curing the problem of the ABS / TCS failing self test (Suspect ABS Module !!), unless someone can give advice on reliability of TCS module !!

Fanks in adavance,
Graeme Walker
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.